5.0 out of 5 stars This is literally a lifesaver., January 26, 2012
This review is from: Teeter Hang Ups EP-550 Inversion Therapy Table (Sports)
Disclaimer: This is the first review I've ever written on here, maybe even in general. I was compelled to do so because of the effectiveness of this product. Hell, I didn't even buy it from here, but you should!

Here's my story.

I'm your pretty average 28 year old guy, not overly in or out of shape. Last spring I had some health issues that ended up being attributed to a bulged L5-S1 disc. The problems went away and I was in only the most minor discomfort so I did my PT as told and carried on.

Almost 8 weeks ago I sat up in bed and felt a sharp pain in my back. It quickly went away and I thought something like "Oh, that's gonna hurt in the morning." I'm assuming this is the point where it went from bulged to herniated because shortly after I had the most excruciating pain of my life. I dropped to the ground and could barely move. Ended up needing an ambulance ride to the local hospital where I was given Prednisone and Tylenol and sent on my way saying the swelling should go down in 4 hours. 7 hours of laying on my back on the floor later I had to go back so I could get pain killers. I was popping Vicodin and Flexoril all night.

If you've had a disc herniation I'm sure you can relate at this point. Please keep reading.

A couple weeks passed where my only ventures out of the house were to my primary care doctor and to a physiatrist, but most of it spent lying on the floor of my bedroom downing Vicodin and basically just wanting to not be in pain anymore. Fortunately my job affords me the ability to work from home, I don't know what I would have done otherwise.

Slowly I was able to get up, then walk around a bit with a cane, but still couldn't sit comfortably or stand straight up. My left leg (the problem one) had pretty much constant sciatic pain and the two left-most toes and side of the foot were completely numb.

Two and a half weeks after it all happened (three days before Christmas) I was able to get a steroid shot, which in itself was excruciating. It wasn't because of the shot, but because where my herniation happens to be I couldn't lay flat on my stomach. One brutal bear-hug of the operating table later I was pumped full of drugs. Roughly an hour later I was almost entirely pain-free.

This was going to be the best Christmas ever.

Over the course of the next few days things started to degrade again. By Christmas I was hunched over again and sore most of the time. I still had not felt my toes since it happened. I began to lose hope and think surgery was the only option. This is where the review actually begins...

Up late one night (the lack of sleep may have been the worst part) I saw a commercial for the Teeter Hang Ups. My skeptical self automatically assumed it was a gimmick, but being in my current state I was willing to explore any avenue, so I hopped on here to read some reviews.

I was blown away.

I couldn't believe how many people told their stories, how much they related to my own and how much improvement they claimed to have gotten. I could genuinely read the elation of each person. I needed to give it a shot. Being the cheapskate that I am I decided to see what was available used locally first on the good old CL. To my surprise I found this exact model, in like new condition, for about half of what Amazon listed.

I couldn't resist.

New Year's Eve I took the two hour round trip with a friend to go pick up the soon-to-be new focal point of my basement. By the time we got back I was so sore from the drive that I couldn't even hop on, but after an hour or so of laying on the ground (and waiting for some meds to kick in) I was good to go. We set all the settings properly and I hung my first hang.

Something in my leg was tingling... I can feel my toes!

I couldn't believe it. Almost instantly the pressure was taken off and I could feel again.

I was stoked.

For what has been nearly a month, I've been hanging about twice a day, morning and night, for just a few minutes. I'll just turn the rotate off on my phone and hang upside down and read the news or check Facebook for a few minutes, then carry on with my day. The results have been amazing. I haven't taken a painkiller in weeks and only occasionally take a couple Ibuprofen. Most days I would say I feel anywhere from 95-99%. I still have issues of a little soreness getting out of bed or out of the car and things are generally more sore if I miss a day or two.

I can tell things are still tender and I wouldn't consider myself "healed", but compared to being a miserable floor creature I am the happiest person alive. Some friends were tossing around a football just the other day when one (over)threw it to me as I approached and I instinctively jumped for it. It caused me to be a little sore and probably wasn't the best idea, but that just demonstrates how good I feel. I didn't even think that for a second I shouldn't jump because I just feel that good.

In summary, if you are laid out right now because of a painful disc issue don't hesitate and get one of these in your home immediately. If it works even half as well as it did for me you will be hating yourself for not ordering it earlier. There are very few things I promote, but this deserves it.

[Add comment]