Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

5.0 out of 5 stars Scooby-Dooby-Doo, Where Are You?, August 3, 2010
This review is from: Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!: The Complete Series (DVD)
This set will contain all three seasons of the original Scooby-Doo series, universally referred to as Scooby-Doo Where Are You? (despite the fact that the third season was officially titled The Scooby-Doo Show). This show is a part of many people's childhood regardless of what generation they are apart of. Originally airing in 1969 it became a classic and that's why even as a child growing up in the nineties I remember watching this series every morning almost religiously. It became so loved that its various incarnations have continued to air from 1969 to this very day in 2010. It also spawned three live action movies and countless animated movies. All that aside, Scooby-Doo Where Are You? is where it all began and what some (myself included) regard as the best. This limited edition collector's set contains three seasons of Scooby Doo, 41 episodes in total spread across 7 discs.

Season 1
1 What a Night for A Knight
2 A Clue for Scooby-Doo
3 Hassle in the Castle
4 Mine Your Own Business
5 Decoy for a Dogknapper
6 What the Hex is Going On?
7 Never Ape and Ape Man
8 Foul Play in Funland
9 The Backstage Rage
10 Bedlam in the Bigtop
11 A Gaggle of Galloping Ghosts
12 Scooby-Doo and a Mummy Too!
13 Which Witch is Which?

20 Jeepers It's the Creeper
21 Scooby's Night with a Frozen Fright
22 The Haunted House Hang-Up
23 A Tiki Scare is No Fair
24 Who's Afraid of the Big Bad Werewolf?
25 Don't Fool with a Phantom

Season 3
26 Watch Out the Willawaw!
27 A Creepy Tangle in the Bermuda Triangle
38 A Menace in Venice
39 Don't Go Near the Fortress of Fear
40 The Warlock of Wimbledon
41 The Beast is Awake at Bottomless Lake

This set will also contain all the special features released on the previous two individual sets. ALSO an eighth disc will also be included and contains NEW BONUS MATERIALS.

Previously Released Special Features Included In This Set:

*Scooby-Doo Street Smarts
*Scooby Challenge Trivia
*Hannah Barbera from H to B

Special Features Exclusive To This Set:

*Scooby-Doo The Whole World Loves You: Focuses on Scooby's continued popularity and fans continued love of the character. Features interviews with various writers, directors and actors who have worked on Scooby TV and Movie projects over the last 40 years. (20 mins)

*The Eerie Mystery of the Scooby-Doo History: The executives and creative team behind the show discuss how it originally came to be from their point of view. (10 mins)

*The Scooby-Doo Gang, In Their Own Words: Featurette focusing on the original voice cast of Scooby-Doo and how they originated the characters' unique voices. (5 mins)

The best reason for fans to buy this complete series set, aside from the eighth disc and its new bonus materials, is the unique packaging. The discs will be held in a plastic Mystery Machine that sits on a decorative stand. The back end of the mystery machine lifts up to reveal discs that sit in cardboard sleeves (I'm not thrilled about the cardboard sleeves but I've dealt with them before and the rest of this set looks so great I can overlook them). If you haven't bought the series this is a great opportunity to get the three seasons in one set and for those who already bought those sets, myself included, the unique display packaging makes this set worthwhile for hardcore Scooby-Doo fans, again myself most definitely included. I'll definitely be getting this as a Christmas gift. Hope this was helpful, I'll update if I learn more and then once I finally hold the product in my hands, Scooby-Dooby-Doo!!!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 3, 2010 12:53:01 PM PDT
Jason S. says:
What's going to sell me on purchasing this set or not is the NEW Bonus Material. I already own all the previous Scooby releases, so there is nothing for me to gain from the rest of the set. The packaging is nice, but would have been soooo much cooler if the entire gang were inside the Mystery Machine instead of just Shaggy and Scooby. Fred, Velma, & Daphne should have been riding upfront with Scooby and Shaggy peering over the seat from the back. It would have also made sense to include all the episodes of The Scooby-Doo Show since they are including some, labeled as the 3rd season of Where Are You? So, that Bonus Material better be something special if they want me to rebuy all the episodes, or maybe update the packaging to include all the Gang.

Posted on Aug 26, 2010 5:27:22 PM PDT
Top-notch review! I also remember watching this series throughout the 90's and it's certainly a rich and memorable part of my childhood. Definitely the best in the Scooby-Doo-verse. I purchased seasons 1-2 back in 2004, but the set was accidentally ruined by my little nephew, so I'm excited to see the entire series being released for what I think is a reasonable price.

Posted on Oct 26, 2010 8:35:48 PM PDT
Does anyone know what other seasons are on here from the '60's and '70s? I have a hard time finding certain episodes like the one where the gang investigates a haunted construction site. (one of my favorites) Please let me know what all other episodes are on the discs..thanks

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 27, 2010 3:30:06 AM PDT
In my review I listed all the episodes that are planned to be on this complete set, which is arguably not complete but I'm still excited to have so many episodes in one set with nice packaging and new extras.

In response to the episode where the gang works on a haunted construction site the only one I can think of is "High Rise Hair Raiser" which is part of The Scooby Doo Show that aired in the Scooby Doo/Dynomutt Hour. In the episode the gang is low on money and takes a job working at a construction site which turns out to be haunted.

The episode was released on DVD and can be found on the Scooby Doo/Dynomutt Hour Complete series DVD. It's the first episode. Hope that helps

Posted on Nov 7, 2010 1:56:06 PM PST
Ulf Claesson says:
But will they be in ANY way restored? Cleaned up?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2010 6:49:22 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 20, 2010 6:52:28 AM PST
DrXenos says:
Wait, you said "planned." Do you even own this item? How can you review something you haven't even examined yourself? You review is not a "top-notch review" as a another post wrote. It is utterly useless and a complete fabrication. You are doing people a disservice. You are giving them no information that isn't already available. I like to see reviews of the ACTUAL PRODUCT, not a regurgitation of what the advertising states. I want to know about any issues with the products. THAT is a review. Yours gives people a sense that there are no problems with the product and that it is absolutely perfect. In reality, you has no idea.

From the look of your other reviews, it seems that is all you do. Your reviews are worthless.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2010 1:47:30 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 20, 2010 1:59:46 PM PST
I actually "has" a pretty good idea considering I've now bought the item. If I had any major problems with it I would update my review, as a huge scooby where are you fan, which I stated, I think this set is great and worth the money, for others I assumed they'd judge for themselves based on the info. Sorry you didn't find the review helpful but this is the info I look for so I posted it, maybe you can write a review with the information you look for to benefit others like yourself.

Also I'm not sure where I said "planned" as you say I did, also to that point I stated my one issue with the product being the cardboard sleeves.

Posted on Nov 21, 2010 3:00:13 PM PST
InfoFish says:
AWESOME Review!

Posted on Dec 27, 2010 1:18:37 AM PST
I have question , you said that this collection have all the episodes like Scooby-Doo, Where Are You! seasons .. but in fact Scooby-Doo, Where Are You! have 51 episodes and this collection have 41 episodes only .. so there are 10 episodes missing right ?

where can I buy them from ?

I waiting for your reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2010 1:46:40 AM PST
I hate it when i stay long time waiting for answer and I didn't find it

Thank you mister , really appreciate it .. I still don't know what collection to buy .. but what can I do , no one want to help.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›