5.0 out of 5 stars Movie is of course awesome...so is Nite Owl Ship!, July 21, 2009
This review is from: Watchmen: Director's Cut (Amazon Exclusive Nite Owl Ship) [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
This is just to point out something not mentioned in the description. As you know, this comes with an exclusive Nite Owl Ship.

First, it looks cool. Nice details, looks 'properly used'. But here's the thing. After I unpacked it I noticed a slip of paper at the bottom of the box. It described how to replace the batteries in the Nite Owl Ship. Wait... BATTERIES?

So I then discovered the ship is made to easily come off it's stand. Under it there is a battery compartment. It requires a small Phillips head to open. I opened it to confirm... yup a battery compartment with two batteries!

But for the life of me I could not figure out what the Nite Owl Ship was suppose to do! I saw no switch. So I even tried talking to it... nope, no voice recognition.

*** spoiler **

Finally... I figured out the top plate (circular on the very top) is a hidden switch! You press it... and it lights up (detail lights and bright main front lights)! And, for about 5-10 seconds... it makes the SOUNDS of the Nite Owl Ship flying around! The lights stay on until you press the hidden switch again...

This ended up being much more than advertised! :)

And of course the movie is great... but you already know that (or else what the heck are you reading this for)!!!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 4 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 2, 2009 2:01:06 PM PDT
I agree with you 100%! And months from now when these Owl Ship bundles are long-gone, more than a few Watchmen fans/collectors will be kicking themselves for not getting one when they had the chance.

I am amazed at the quality of this collectible, and I wouldn't part with it now for anything!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 12, 2009 9:17:50 PM PDT
I ended up buying two of these... one is on display, the other I have tucked away as a collector's item!

My only concern is the batteries. If they leak they could ruin the one I'm storing away. I might open it up and remove the batteries so this doesn't happen. Or do batteries nowadays NOT leak? I don't use many battery-type items, so not really sure. I'd of course prefer NOT to open it up....

Posted on Nov 15, 2009 7:23:10 PM PST
SKEETER says:
Do the "eyes" of the ship light up or just the detail lights?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 25, 2009 10:47:19 AM PST
SuperC142 says:
Yup- I'd think the batteries will almost certianly leak, given time. I'm surprised that the batteries come fully "installed" though. I thought it was against the law for exactly that reason. That's why products that come with batteries usually include the batteries wrapped seperately from the gadget, or have that little plastic tab that must be pulled out.

Posted on Nov 27, 2009 2:44:37 AM PST
davidkichi says:
You'd think that since it lights up, they'd include a pic of the ship lit up or at least a short video of it lighting up and making sounds. Hopefully somebody who has this will do so. I missed the Black Friday deal when they had this for $50, what a deal! Also missed when they had the blu-ray disc of this movie for $9.99. Oh well!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 20, 2011 12:26:46 AM PDT
TheNilvarg says:
The "eyes" didn't light up in the movie... there's no reason why they should on the statue.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

3.9 out of 5 stars (1,126 customer reviews)

Used & New from: $197.00