1.0 out of 5 stars Great Game; Poor "Collection", October 2, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: inFAMOUS Collection - Playstation 3 (Video Game)
The review is not a review on the games themselves, but a review of the "Collection" as such. If you have not purchased the games already then please, read the reviews for the games from their respective pages.

Infamous and Infamous 2 are incredible games, but the Festival of Blood, for me personally, was much more fun than the other two, and that's saying a lot, really. I'm not going to go into details about the story, the gameplay mechanics or any other particulars, as I have no complaints in those departments, and the praise I do have is quite irrelevant. What really disappointed me about the "Collection" was that I already owned both 1 & 2 from their original releases and I had Festival of Blood downloaded on my HDD since October of 2011. I pre-ordered the "Collection" because I wanted Festival of Blood on disc. It was such a good game that I felt it warranted the full price of the "Collection" just for this expansion. Unfortunately, there is no warning anywhere on the packaging or in any press release prior to this game "Collection" releasing that stated it would need to be downloaded. In fact the box art itself states "Includes Two Full Games and Infamous Festival of Blood". And the Amazon description states that it is included with the "Collection" but never mentions the terrible acronym "DLC". It is very misleading.

As a Playstation 3 owner for several years, I have to admit that I've had my downloaded games (Ragdoll Kung-Fu, Eat Them, Pain, and Festival of Blood) corrupted one way or another, which required me to download the games once or twice, sometimes more, as was the case of the game Pain. If this had been on a disc, which is what I had no reason to believe it wouldn't have been, this problem would be solved.

But, as it stands, I paid for three games that I already owned, and the one that I purchased the "Collection" for wasn't really in the "Collection" as such.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 4 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 17, 2012 6:13:53 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Oct 28, 2012 10:42:23 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 17, 2012 8:21:25 AM PDT
Thanks!! Glad it helped you!!

Posted on Oct 18, 2012 1:58:32 PM PDT
So you spend $30 for a physical copy of a game you already have?
And we're supposed to pity you?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 18, 2012 2:13:28 PM PDT
engnir1 says:

Posted on Oct 25, 2012 4:18:28 PM PDT
mattack says:
So, I have Infamous 1 and 2.. (Gotten for $9.99 each at Best Buy).

How much is the Festival of Blood game? What is in the other DLC? If it's just costumes or other junk like that, I don't care.

(I only started Infamous 1, so obviously have lots more to play.. but if I had known about this collection when I got the two discs in July, I might have waited/gotten it instead.)

Posted on Oct 27, 2012 3:34:34 PM PDT
You should have seen an unboxing of this collection on youtube before buying ... and now you unfairly evaluates a single star this great inFamous collection.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 27, 2012 8:55:13 PM PDT

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 8:12:26 AM PST
Buggle says:
He has a valid point. And he preordered it so no YouTube unboxings...I think he should give it three stars just to represent the the great games themselves and make it abundantly clear that this requires you to redeem an online voucher. Everyone got pissed when GoW Saga did it. He may have already had the game but it's ultimately irrelevant to the rest of us gamers, what is relevant is that only inf 1 and inf 2 come on discount while FoB does not and it doesn't mention it anywhere. Good to know by the way. I will be buying this collection anyway.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 16, 2013 11:06:59 PM PDT
@Engnir
Do you honestly think a random reviewer/customer wields so much power at Amazon that he can dictate and tell Amazon to delete a post? No one person has that power and even if a person does complain to Amazon about a post from another person, Amazon will only delete the comment if it goes against the guidelines. The reviewer didn't have your comments removed. People, which can include the reviewer, either reported the post as inappropriate and Amazon agreed and deleted them. Or Amzon happened to see your post and decided it was against their guidelines so they deleted it. Amazon makes the final call on what posts get removed and not a random customer.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 16, 2013 11:12:52 PM PDT
@Buggle

I disagree that the reviewer has a valid point. While I hate downloaded games and prefer having a physical copy, the fact that a game is DLC and not on disc doesn't stop it from being part of the collection. Furthermore, the marketing isn't misleading when it states "Includes two full games and Infamous Festival of Blood" because that statement says nothing about format and, regardless of format, the collection includes these three products. I also don't get the logic of people assuming DLC will magically be on disc when it is included in a collection. In fact, the safe bet is to think the DLC will continue to be DLC and not become a physical copy and investigate on the off change that this safe and logical assumption is, for once, incorrect.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.3 out of 5 stars (182 customer reviews)

$19.99