Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent price, quality, but one problem, December 10, 2010
This review is from: Dual LCD Monitor Stand desk clamp holds up to 24-Inch lcd monitors (Wireless Phone Accessory)
After reading all of the other fantastic reviews for these monitor arms, I had no doubt they would adequately fulfill my needs. They are heavy duty and probably worth far more than the price I paid. However, I must give them four stars because of one problem.

After installing and adjusting both of my 24" monitors I sat down to find out that one monitor is about 1" lower than the other. Given that the arms do not have independent height adjustment this is a bit of a problem. I've tried adjusting them every way that I can but I can't get them level. Please note that this is not a tilt problem. I've double-checked every joint and in almost every other respect the monitors are in symmetric positions, but the left one is an inch lower than the right. I'm not sure if this is a defective unit or if others just aren't as picky as me. Other than this small issue, I'm very happy with the purchase thus far.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 11, 2010 6:30:36 AM PST
This is very correct. I bought two of these. One for my desk at work and the other for my home. If you have two different monitors then you will unboubtably have this very problem as almost all monitors are different in screen placement relative to where the screws are placed in the back of the monitor housing. However, I have used other more expensive monitor arms and for the savings you get on this stand relative to almost any other dual stand option you can go out and buy the second matching monitor. I couldn't believe how heavy the construction of this product was when I got it out of the box. I literally said, "they don't build stuff like this anymore", I sounded like my dad. So for the money this is 95% solution to any dual monitor desires you may have. This was a great purchase and I'm about to buy 2 more for family members.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2010 1:56:57 PM PST
John Ingle says:
Actually, both of my monitors are the exact same model (Westinghouse L2410NM), so its not simply a matter of the monitors being completely different. The only thing that I haven't checked is that the monitor's mount points are symmetric (given that they're the same model I presume they would be, but who knows what Westinghouse's quality control could have let through). I'm going to check the the arms with a level just as soon as I can to determine whether its actually the bracket, the monitors, or something else causing the uneven appearance.

Posted on Mar 11, 2011 9:25:06 PM PST
cyberwisdom says:
The problem is that the bezel for one arm is upside down while the other is right side up. Rotate one of your monitors 180 degrees and you'll see how they line up correctly. I had the same issue with mine so I rotated the whole monitor and sure enough it all lined up. I then had to completely unscrew the LCD monitor off, rotate the bezel 180 degrees, and then screw the monitor back on.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 10, 2011 6:06:26 PM PST
Michelle K. says:
My monitors (both ViewSonic 24" LED) aren't level in the stand - they're off by about half an inch. I've tried turning the plate every which way to no avail - is that what you mean by bezel? The plate that attaches to the monitor? Or is there something else?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 10, 2011 7:57:12 PM PST
cyberwisdom says:
What you have to do is remove the monitors first. Then go back and make sure both plates are level and in the same position. If one plate is upside down, then it will be off by half an inch. Note: the plate is the metal rotating portion that has the four screw holes.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 31, 2012 8:17:19 AM PST
Ryan Roth says:
Cyberwisdom - That's great to know, especially to those who are using 2 different monitors... intentionally spinning a plate could give you 1/2" of adjustment either way for mismatched monitors.

Posted on Mar 18, 2012 12:04:59 PM PDT
AmazonPrimer says:
I have the same issue and have tried rotating one of the monitors and re-attaching to no avail.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 19, 2013 7:47:37 PM PDT
Jordan L says:
this helped me fix my gap. thanks

Posted on Nov 18, 2014 11:54:00 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 18, 2014 12:08:48 PM PST
LILY YUEH says:
For those that have this problem, the issue is that your monitors are not parallel to the top of the table. They may look parallel, but even a tilt of a few degrees can create a big difference in height between the two monitors. The trick is to tilt both monitors in a way such that the bezels (the plastic border) of the monitors coincide perfectly. You will notice that the closer you are to being truly parallel to the top of the table, the smaller the difference in height will get until it disappears completely.

If you hold your hands out so that your palms face each other and tilt your wrists in either direction you will see what is probably happening.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›