5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful and Stunning sequel, October 2, 2012
This review is from: Reflected in You (Crossfire, Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
Wow. It is difficult to know where to start with this review. When Bared to You released, I loved the book, but I had questions as to whether Eva and Gideon would be able to turn their attraction into a lasting relationship. One thing was made clear, whatever would come for Gideon and Eva, it wouldn't come easy.

With eager anticipation and a healthy dose of curiosity I began Reflected in You. I read the whole book in one sitting. Reflected In You grabbed me, sucked me in, pulled me along an emotional roller-coaster, and left me in awe. Readers, if you sit down with this book hoping to walk away with that blissful, romantic feeling then this series may not be for you. Gideon and Eva struggle. Their relationship is plagued by their individual insecurities, communication breakdowns, and the demons of their pasts. However, the rawness of the emotions between Eva and Gideon is striking. One minute I was convinced that they would never be able to make it work. A few minutes later, I was crying and hoping that they could just keep it together.

Reflected to You is a book that stands out in it's genre. I am convinced that part of the reason this book is notable is because of the realism of the story. This book, this series, does not read like a fantasy romance. The issues the characters face feel real, the emotions they deal with and turn to feel real. The characters actions are understandable, in their own way. The attraction and chemistry between Gideon and Eva heats the pages. There is no question that this book is a smoking hot read with powerful, emotional, dominating sex. However, Sylvia Day makes it clear, there is much more to this mesmerizing story than sex. Gideon and Eva both have to deal with the ugliness that has plagued both of their lives and deal with harsh realities and nasty truths that they would rather stay hidden. The powerful, emotionally-charged sex between them can bring them together, but it could also push them apart.

Eva is very definitely high-maintenance. She needs security and independence and her trust is not easily gained. A stunning realization (for me) in this book was the realization that Gideon is so much like Eva. They both need something from the other person that is the hardest to give, trust and truth. There were places in the book where I could guess what was to come. Nevertheless, I was still floored when these things actually happened. There were places in this book where my own heart was breaking for the characters. Even with the gut-wrenching emotions, I was very pleased with how the characters began learn and grow. They both make plenty of mistakes, especially Gideon with his refusal to openly communicate. However, they do begin to learn to make concessions for each other and learn more about each other throughout Reflected in You. As I have said, nothing comes easily and there are always consequences.

Reflected in You got to me. I felt like I was on this journey with Gideon and Eva, my heart breaking when they were sad, rejoicing when they were happy, feeling frustration at the difficulties. It was not an easy book to read, but I loved every minute of it. Reflected is a book that will stick in my mind for a long time; I am sure to read it over and over in the future. The story is far from over though, they have much to work through and even more issues to uncover.

Gideon and Eva have an addictive relationship, they are addicted to each other, for better or for worse. As for me, I am addicted to their story, their journey through dramatic highs and lows. I am once again eagerly anticipating the next installment in the series. Keep it coming Sylvia Day, I can't seem to get enough.

*I received this book for an honest review*

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 4 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 15 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 6, 2012 2:13:30 PM PDT
D. ENGLISH says:
hey...i am reading BARED TO YOU..while it does remind me of 50 shades, i am enjoying it a lot, especially the more i read it,and also knowing i will be interviewing the author soon for my website...write to me for more info on that, BOOKLLOVER@AOL.COM

Posted on Oct 7, 2012 8:27:20 AM PDT
Ashton says:
Your review expressed every sentiment I was feeling. Spot on!!

Posted on Oct 9, 2012 7:37:17 AM PDT
Great Review. I read this in one day...I felt like a neglectful Mom but I couldnt walk away. One minute I was rooting for them and the next I wanted all the heartbreak to just be over with. At one point I was so angry with Gideon however it ended great and the set up for the next book was perfect. Can't wait til December!!!!

Posted on Oct 9, 2012 4:00:45 PM PDT
S. Dale says:
You summed up perfectly how I feel about this book and about Eva and Gideon. I ate up the pages when I downloaded it on Oct 2nd, re-read "Bared to You" and read this again...I'm as addicted to their story as they are to each other. Sylvia Day is a great writer and she has created two complex characters that I've come to love very much. I can't wait until the next book even though I really don't want it to end.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 18, 2012 5:59:51 PM PDT
Theresa says:
Wonderful review I agree with everything that you mentioned. but without giving anything away when I read the detective's confession to Eva I don't think that I totally understood what I read. I read it again and was totally in love with Gideon. He made the ultimate sacrifice for his "Angel".

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 18, 2012 9:42:13 PM PDT
yep, for all the frustration with Gideon through the book, he really came through :)

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 18, 2012 9:43:21 PM PDT
there were points in Reflected where I was frustrated with both Gideon and Eva, but I am so addicted, LOVE it!

Posted on Oct 20, 2012 1:27:08 AM PDT
Wow, Heather, such a fantastically thorough review. Thanks!

Tim
Poisoned Soil

Posted on Oct 26, 2012 4:58:36 PM PDT
You expressed my sentiments exactly! I read both books in two days! Wow, what an emotional rollercoaster. At one point toward the end of Reflected In You I had to lay my Kindle down and walk away. My heart was racing and I felt like I couldn't breathe. When Eva saw Gideon put his ex in the limo and then looked up at Eva I thought I would scream. I'm 51 and I have to be careful with my aging heart! LOL! :) I'm curious because I've read a few comments about being excited about December. What the heck? I thought Entwined didn't come out until May???? Am I wrong?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 27, 2012 9:06:49 AM PDT
the release date was originally in December for Entwined. It has been pushed back to May, but I guess that may still change. So, the Entwined release date is still a bit unsure
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.6 out of 5 stars (5,137 customer reviews)
 (3,887)