Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon The Jayhawks Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

4.0 out of 5 stars More Ice cream Sandwich Please, November 6, 2012
This review is from: Samsung Galaxy S3, Black 16GB (Verizon Wireless) (Wireless Phone)
I have owned this phone for 6 months. It is far and away the best smart phone I have used. I traded up from a Samsung Rogue but have used several different smart phones including the iPhone. The first and best feature is the screen. It is huge and the image is beyond clear. As I grow older I find being able to see and read the screen becomes more important to me.

As a phone, it does everything I need. I would prefer a slide-out keyboard but I am adapting to the on-screen typing. I am also finding that I LOVE the speech to text feature. I use it constantly for everything from filling out forms in the internet to entering address into the navigator. The 4-G connection is very fast, even in the rural area where I live and work. I had read reviews complaining about the battery life when using the smart phone features but I am having no trouble using the phone all day without recharging and I USE all features of the phone.

On the negative side, the phone as shown a tendency to lock up with certain apps, mostly from Google. Since it is easy to reboot or remove the battery I don't view this as a deal breaker but it could become annoying. Fortunately it does not do so very often. That is the only gripe I have with it.

I would highly recommend this phone to anyone, even an iPhone junkie like my wife.

Update: 6/25/2013: I have owned this phone for one year now and it just keeps getting better. I have taken it on numerous trips to cities I have never visited before and the navigation and search features function flawlessly. It knows where restaurants, entertainment venues, gas stations, and any other service are located. In other words, "the phone is wise". The battery still lasts a full day even under what I would call heavy use. It works as a geo-cache tracker, GPS unit, and tracks my bike rides and jogging progress flawlessly. I have yet to find anything that this phone won't due.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 26, 2012 7:28:21 PM PST
florin says:
Dec. 26, 2012: Can you tell me: Is the Samsung only capable of sending/sharing photos just with other Samsungs?? Can't you send it to someone's phone or e-mail??? If there isn't that capability, then I wonder if the iPhone 5s does share pictures with any cell phone ...thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 8:34:51 PM PST
I have not used this feature but I am told you can use the NFC app to beam to any android phone. I don't believe this will work with iPhone unless they have the same app.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2013 10:44:21 AM PST
Only phones with the NFC (Near Field Communication) capability can send/share photos with each other using NFC (by touching the backs of the phones together). Not all Androids have the NFC ability. Samsung built this NFC device into their batteries so it is possible to lose the ability if you use non-NFC batteries with your phone. But any phone maker, HTC, Motorolla, etc. that makes a phone with NFC should be able to share with other NFC phones.

All phones can share via email or text. No special hardware required for that. NFC is just for the physical touching of two phones together to share.

The iPhone 5 is able to share via email/text and whatnot just like any other smartphone, but it lacks NFC hardware. So you can't touch it to other phones and share that way. Which is a bummer because many places like Best Buy have NFC pay terminals which means you can pay with your phone now! Unless you phone doesn't support NFC like the iPhone.

NFC sharing is cross platform also. So an android phone with NFC can touch a windows phone with NFC and still send info over.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›