1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
This review is from: Feeding Baby Green: The Earth Friendly Program for Healthy, Safe Nutrition During Pregnancy, Childhood, and Beyond (Paperback)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Whenever you explore books on "green" alternatives you always wonder how "far-out" the author's approach will be. I can say with all honesty that Dr. Alan Green takes a very common-sense approach to feeding your baby (and YOU!) with health non-processed foods. The key here is "Common-Sense", Dr. Green explains the differences and then gives you a realistic plan for incorporating his ides into your families diet. This is not a lecture, but it is a well-explained approach to help incorporate a healthy life-style to your family.
Things that enjoy-
- An explanation of various foods and what research has shown to be true.. things like cinnamon, Peppermint, Ginger and such
- Recipes that you can insert into your life
- Appropriate for beginners and intermediates in the art of eating correctly
- Nice tone - not preachy, but it offers you sound advice from a doctor in what has worked for his family
- Multi-stage - "Feeding Baby Green" starts with pre-pregnancy and continues through pregnancy, breast-feeding, whole foods and so on. In fact, it is a plan for about 3 years
- Describes the benefits of the "Green" approach - it also explains the potential dangers of typical American living.
Final Verdict - I was expecting a tree-hugging approach on how to grow compost assisted peas. In reality, "Feeding baby Green" is a well-though out approach to help encourage a healthy lifestyle for your family.