3.0 out of 5 stars Decent phone, too many flaws., June 24, 2005
First off, I have to consider that I only paid $150 for two of these phones. That was the Sprint deal at the time, and for that price, the phone is excellent. Although, if you paid any more for this phone, you might want to reconsider your choice. Let's consider defects...

1. No SMS text messaging. Sprint charges you as wireless internet every time you get a text message! Unforgivable!

2. I've had to trade in these phones twice because of weird defects and flaws. My phone would just turn off randomly, and when I brought it back up, all my downloaded ring tones and screensavers would be either 1. missing, 2. completely switched out, or 3. all the saved settings to phonebook names would be switched. Take this for example... when my girlfriend would call me, a picture of my father would come up and it would play "Super Mario" as opposed to "My Boo" or some other trendy song (sorry, I don't care to think of something). Annoying!

3. It seems that if you are getting close to full memory with your pictures, it will just delete your pictures or say there is an error. This seemed to happen even more so when I really wanted a certain picture. It seems to keep all the ones I really didn't care about and delete the ones I knew I could never take again. LAME.

4. This phone knows how to charge you for more minutes. I closed my phone once at 00:14:58 as the talk time, and literally watched it click up to 00:15:00 with my phone completely closed. Deceitful, deceptive, and double-crossing!

4½. Besides that, I have also dialed a number with 4 bars in service and it will just switch to "Analog Roam" and charge me roaming fees. Treachery!

5. Battery life sucks. Now, I'm not sure if it's any better, but the guys at Sprint "hooked it up" (yes, they told me that) with an n "extended life" battery. One hour of talk time is all this phone will allow with an upgraded battery. Shameful.

Ok, ok, so maybe all I've talked about are this phone's flaws. If you can live with those, then you will be a loyal fan of this phone. I can't think of anything else that this phone does, or doesn't do, and for the most part, it's a pretty solid phone. Internet works fine, pictures are decent quality, features... if working... are great for an average phone user. If you want features like email and Ready-Link... look elsewhere. Not a great phone for power users, but it doesn't boast that it is. I stand by the 3 star rating, even though after almost 2 years with this phone I've almost lost my mind. It's been a nice 2 years, but I'm in dire need of something that works. Then again, my father, who currently owns the other phone that we purchased, loves his.

Let's just say that when this phone is working properly, it's a great phone. When it's not, it makes for an incredibly annoying situation, to say the least.

OVERALL.... DECENT PHONE-TOO MANY FLAWS FOR SOMEONE WHO WANTS TO DO MORE THAN JUST MAKE AND RECEIVE CALLS.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]