5.0 out of 5 stars After 1 month of use -> My review of the reviews, June 22, 2012
This review is from: Magic Bullet NutriBullet 12-Piece High-Speed Blender/Mixer System (Kitchen)
Ok people, I am very analytical. So when I saw an infomercial about this, I dove deep into each health claim it made. Further, I dug into all the Amazon reviews about the actual feedback of users. I will detail my concerns before my purchase, and 1 month after using it ~2 times per day. So roughly 60 uses.

"it sounds like a military jet engine when it is running" -> Not so. It sounds as loud as loud as any blender I have ever used. Does not come close to the sound of a jet engine.

"the plastic cup broke when screwing on tightly" -> Not yet. I have tightened the lid tight enough to prevent leakage, and tight enough that my wife cannot open it. There is a rubber ring that gets compressed to prevent leakage and probably absorbs some force when tightening. Would say i put it pretty tight, and it has not broken.

"it smells like grease or electronics burning when using" -> Yes. The first use it did smell like electronics smoking. As a guy, i am not super sensitive to smells. That said, it was noticeable, but not very strong. It dissipated over the course of a few uses. I would imagine there is some lubricants that were burring off initially. No smells at this point.

I hope this helps. Also, a note on my health/weight loss. I drink a big one at b-fast, eat like crap at lunch (company buys lunch every day), and big one for dinner. I am down 15lbs, and have ALOT of energy in AM and PM. I still get food comma after lunch - but i eat like crap so that is to be expected. Take care.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 21, 2012 11:08:31 AM PDT
Muchacha25 says:
Thanks for your review. I have been talking to my Sister about this since I've seen it on an infomercial a few times. We both want to lose weight and feel better in general. I love that you were honest in admitting you "eat like crap" and therefore get a "food coma" (hilarious). I will tell her that the NutriBullet has received many positive reviews, even by a guy. One question I have is: Do you find yourself going to the grocery store more frequently since purchasing/using the Nutribullet? I know it's not a big deal if you do since that does indicate you're eating more whole foods versus processed; I just wanted to know. Thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 10:29:42 AM PST
I'm trying to reply to the original post hoping that the original person will see this.....You say you like to analyze everything, and that you researched the nutribullets claims about nutrition...what did you find?

Posted on Jan 30, 2013 2:29:18 PM PST
MAL says:
I have a question a out the noise level. I really do need ear plugs when I use mine. It has gotten louder over the past month I have owned it. Has your noise level increased with use?

Posted on Jun 23, 2013 6:48:29 AM PDT
rocky says:
My second day with the Nutribullet and I cannot unscrew the extractor piece from the cup. I know there is liquid in the seal, but I do not have hands big enough to unscrew it. Any suggestions?

Posted on Mar 31, 2014 10:06:09 AM PDT
That food comma must be killing you....lol

Posted on Apr 12, 2014 8:28:02 AM PDT
M. Springer says:
Thanks for your review, I believe I'm similarly analytical, so having more people who tend to honestly review is nice. For the most part I agree with your comments, but there is one thing that I wanted to point out in particular. The note that you dug up from a previous review about "it sounds like a military jet engine when it is running" is interesting to me. When we first got our Nutribullet, it sounded like any other blender, potentially even on the quiet side of the spectrum. But, as time has gone on, our extractor blade has gotten continually louder and louder, to the point where it is actually painful to the ears to use - very akin to someone saying it sounds like a "military jet engine." A quick search of "Nutribullet" and "Loud" on our friend Google seems to show that there's potentially a bearing/gasket issue in some of the earlier versions of the blade assemblies that is causing them to wear out. I do believe this is the case, as our milling blade (which hasn't gotten much use - honestly) is still as quiet as it was Day 1, which is in stark contrast to our extractor blade. Just comparing them by hand I can feel the added friction in the extractor blade. So, I wanted to point out that although the "loud" description isn't fitting at T=0 in my opinion, there is a very real possibility that whoever wrote that was experiencing the same blade gasket-wearout problem that we are.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 22, 2014 5:34:40 PM PDT
Freckles says:
Get a strap wrench from an auto store.
Freckles
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.0 out of 5 stars (3,001 customer reviews)
 (1,871)