23 of 23 people found the following review helpful
30 Rock - Season 6 DVD - Full list of Extras,
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: 30 Rock: Season 6 (DVD)
Since the NBC Press Release was very vague about the extras on this Season 6 DVD Set, I just wanted to quickly write them down for you. Included is:
- Audiocomentary on "Dance Like Nobody's Watching" by writer Tracey Wigfield and writer/producer Tom Ceraulo
- Audiocomentary on "Alexis Goodlooking and the case of the Missing Whisky" by Judah Friedlander
- Audiocomentary on "Standards and Practices" by Jack McBrayer
- Audiocomentary on "Live from Studio 6H" by Jane Krakowski and composer/producer Jeff Richmond
- West Coast Version of the Live Show (23:23 min)
- Behind the Scenes of "Live from Studio 6H" (7:24 min)
- Warm up Featurette before the Live Show (8:42 min)
- Deleted Scenes
As you can see they have cut down the number of Audiocomentaries immensely, as there used to be up to 10 per Season Set. And again there is no gag reel, which is something I would so love to see from a show like this. Also, I wished there were more interviews with cast and crew.
Overall this was a great season. It amazes me how this show manages to stay fresh after 6 years. Nothing feels worn out, actually to the contrary they manage to bring in new elements and going back to some of the core storylines of the show. I loved the addition of James Marsden as Liz's new boyfriend Criss. The writers managed to create a loveable character and actually used him in a good way throughout the Season, giving Liz and Criss a possible happy ending for the upcoming final and seventh season. I also loved this years Live Episode and Queen of Jordan Episode. I also need to mention Jenna, for whom the writers really stepped up their, already high, game. Her remarks and storylines were really a highlight of the Season for me, especially in the beginning.
All in all I highly recommend the sixth season of 30 Rock, although I wished they put more effort into the DVD Extras.