4.0 out of 5 stars Great Keyboard!, June 28, 2010
April 7, 2011 edited to add: The price has dropped since I've done this review. It is no longer $90.00.

I'm new to apple products. I just recently bought the iPad and wanted the option of having a regular keyboard......I have to say that this keyboard is awesome! It's not wireless however it also works as a dock. Your iPad charges while connected to it. The only thing that I noticed was that it didn't have a backspace button but I'm not sure whether or not all Apple keyboards have a backspace button because I'm not that familiar with the Apple line of products. I'm used to having a backspace button as well as a delete button and this keyboard only has a delete button so you basically have to move the cursor to avoid deleting the information that you want other than that the keyboard works fine. The only other thing is that your iPad stands completely vertical. There is no way to tilt it so if you're use to being able to tilt a screen for added comfort, you're not able to do that with this keyboard. It takes a bit of getting used to. You also have to use the iPad's original USB cable to connect it.

$90.00 is a little steep for this product. I didn't pay nearly this much for it and I got it brand new. This is marked up really high. Best buy has it for $69.99 and I got mine a little cheaper than that on my local military installation.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 1, 2010 8:59:52 PM PDT
There is no backspace key on apple keyboards, you press function+ delete to get that action. Thank you for the review, I'm sure you're going to enjoy your next apple products...

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2010 9:59:04 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 2, 2010 9:59:32 AM PDT
L. Coleman says:
You're welcome and thanks for providing the info about the backspace key function! I really want an iphone now and I'm even willing to give up my Blackberry to get one but I'm not willing to leave Verizon to go to AT&T lol. I'm hoping that the iphone will come to Verizon eventually.

Posted on Feb 6, 2011 4:10:07 PM PST
the delete key, upper right is the backspace/delete key on Apple (physical) keyboards these days.

Posted on Oct 21, 2011 8:11:08 PM PDT
Melanie Vu says:
does it work with ipods and iphones?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 22, 2011 10:40:42 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 29, 2011 5:27:04 AM PDT
Hi Melanie,

I am not sure. I have never tried using it with an iPod or iPhone. It may not be compatible. I say this because I recently bought a third party car charger thinking it would be compatible with an iPad 2 because it has the same 30 pin connector as the iPod. There wasn't anything on the packaging that didn't state otherwise. It was not compatible with my iPad 2 so I ended up giving the car charger to my daughter for her iPod Touch. I would hate for you to take that chance. I guess you could always take it back but why go through the trouble? I suggest giving one of the Apple stores a call. I'm sorry that I wasn't much help.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2011 9:31:47 AM PST
Apparently you don't get out much; Verizon had the iPhone when this post was made. Check Verizonwireless.com

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 23, 2012 4:16:09 PM PDT
gadgetgirl says:
His post was made in 2010, Verizon didn't get the iPhone til 2011.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 24, 2012 10:17:08 AM PDT
L. Coleman says:
Yeah Michael I wrote that reply before the Verizon iPhone came out! I was actually waiting for it to come to Verizon. You seriously need to check the date on the post. LOL....I'm actually a female gadgetgirl.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 24, 2012 4:08:41 PM PDT