1,446 of 1,501 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Quality mount -- not cheap but low-cost (by design). Like it., June 3, 2009
This review is from: Cheetah Mounts APTMM2B Tilt TV Wall Mount Bracket for 32-65" TVs (Many from 20-75") including LED, LCD and Plasma Flat Screens up to VESA 600 x 400 and 165lbs with Flush 1.5" Profile. Includes a Twisted Veins 10' Braided HDMI Cable and 6" 3-Axis Magnetic Bubble Level (Electronics)
I was skeptical of this mount. Why should this be so cheap compared to other mounting kits? I ordered one (due to the price), and prepared to return it if I did not think the mount could handle the weight of the 52" LCD TV (Samsung).

Once I got it, I understood the cost. Good low-cost design and built with solid heavy duty steel.
- Two horizontal bars are load-bearing, and for proper VESA spacing, they have to be parallel and relative distance must be in the right tolerances. These are made of solid steel.
- Two vertical bars (in the wall mount) are flimsey, and that's ok. it should be solid enough make a rectangle box w/ square angles. That's it.
- Two vertical mounting (to the TV) brackets are of heavy duty metal. Making this in to two parts (not one), reduction of material, but also allows free horizontal adjustment on the TV mount.
- By doing the above, the kit is small, uses less metal (and reduce shipping and material waste).

Positives
---------
1. Good solid and heavy duty construction.

2. Good value (low-cost). Paid less than $ 25 including shipping.

3. Easy install. Took 15 min to figure out the instruction (which is not totally clear), and 10~15 min to install and ready to watch.

4. built-in level worked well during marking of mouting holes on the wall --I tested w/ my own, and was consistent.

5. Once the mounted on the wall, and bracket on TV, you could adjust horizontal TV placement on the mount, just by sliding few inches left or right, post install. I expect this to be safe and true if the wall mount is directly screwed into the wall studs. I do not expect dry-wall install without the use of the studs to handle such adjustment.

6. The brackets on TV could also be used to adjust vertical TV placement by a few inches up and down. But for this one, you'll need to lift TV off the bracket and adjust and pull back :-).

7. There is a reasonable space (I would say, just right) from the wall to the TV to get cables/connectors through WITHOUT using any expensive 90 degree connectors. Plenty of space between two horizontal bars to put extra power outlet and data HDMI cable outlet to hide all the cables.

8. This supports tilt up/down, and works well. Amazon product description does not make it clear.

Negatives
---------
1. Just one. Clearer instruction so that I do not need to spend 15 min figuring things out. One could learn a lot form IKEA :-).
2. Packing/Packaging -- Not necessarily Cheetah Mount issue -- mine came w/o missing parts, although I noticed torn cardboard box edges and some parts COULD have been lost during shipping. Either double box, or have Cheetah use heavier box stock.

Helpful Hints & Comments
-------------------------
1. DO NOT forget to tighten the screws (2) on the bottom horizontal bars AFTER TV is placed on the wall mount -- especially if you are in CA w/ quake. This is what prevents TV falling off the mount accidentally. But do not over-tighten (you are NOT securing from left-to-right movement).
2. Very happy w/ my purchase. Will get one more for my other TV.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 11 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 28 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 7, 2010 8:16:50 PM PST
A. Evans says:
hello! im really not sure if the (unfortunately, only) place we put our tv in our living room has a stud. is this 100% necessary, or can you cheat it with hardcore wall anchors? thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 15, 2010 9:03:51 PM PST
Young says:
Don't know, since I did not try that. Other reviewers refer to the dry wall install through the use of the "hardcore" wall anchors.
Most of the force is downward pressure, so it should be fine, but if you tilt the TV down, then there would be pulling pressure on the top anchors (or screws). With my 52 inch LCD TV, I would not risk it. If you have lighter unit (newer LED back-light type, or smaller TV), perhaps ok. But I would consult or ask the reviewer who did the drywall anchor install.

Posted on Apr 6, 2010 9:59:30 AM PDT
Awesome review. I am buying one based on this review alone. Thanks for being so clear and covering everything I wanted to know about the prodsuct from a real life user.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2010 10:26:30 PM PDT
Corey says:
As soon as the drywall becomes brittle, you run the risk of it falling. Use studs if at all possible.

Posted on Nov 8, 2010 3:00:05 PM PST
Lizzer says:
Thanks for the detailed review.

Posted on Dec 4, 2010 7:23:32 AM PST
Larkhall says:
Thanks for great review. I ordered one.

Posted on Feb 4, 2011 8:29:42 AM PST
KC says:
Excellent review! I was prepared to purchase one that was 3x more expensive but will get this one instead just based on your feedback.

Posted on Apr 14, 2011 4:28:38 PM PDT
Hey, nice review! I have a little 32" LCD, and I bought a wall mount that looks similar to this design. The base plate was just one solid piece of sheet stamped out with 16" spaced holes and some center holes. The TV actually sat on this piece exactly like you've described. Unfortunately, once I was installing it, I found out that I didn't have 16" studs on that interior wall, but 24" studs. I ended up mounting it with the center holes into a single stud, and then moving the screen all the way to one end. It does the job, but I'm thinking of upgrading soon to a much heavier TV.

Would you say the mount you've reviewed would mount on 24" studs? Thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 27, 2011 1:28:27 PM PDT
run a 2x4 between the studs, and than mount the mount to the 2x4

Posted on Oct 20, 2011 8:54:46 PM PDT
Based on your review, I'm so tempted to buy this. We have to mount on the brick wall above our fireplace and I don't want to drill into the brick itself. I don't mind if I can space it to attach in the mortar though. Do you know the horizontal amount of space between the top and bottom tracks? This could be the one I've been waiting for. Thanks again for your great review.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›