Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY from mybatterysupplier!, December 19, 2011
This review is from: Strip of 5 Genuine Sony CR2032 3v Lithium 2032 Coin Batteries Freshly Packed by Sony (Health and Beauty)
I should have known better. I always, always, always read Amazon user reviews and I can't think of a time I didn't heed their warnings -- until now. Many reviewers stated that mybatterysupplier shipped dead (or nearly dead) batteries, but I figured those users must have received the rare bad batch. I mean, seriously, how hard is it to ship fresh batteries? I needed a CR2032, and at 5 batteries for $4.99 (with free Prime shipping), I figured it was worth a shot.

WRONG!

The batteries arrived promptly and the packaging looked just as it did in the ad. The "Use By" date on the package said 2021, so I figured I was all set.

WRONG!

Right out of the package, three of the five batteries registered "Replace" on my battery meter (the $3 battery tester from Amazon -- [...]details -- which is amazing, btw). I didn't bother testing the last two batteries. I printed out a return label and searched for this product by this seller so I could leave a negative review. I clicked on the order link directly from the My Account page . . .

and what d'ya know . . .

The link now lists the seller of the $4.99 Sony 5-pack batteries as Best Deal Supply, not mybatterysupplier, and all the very bad reviews for mybatterysupplier have mysteriously vanished. Maybe these are the same companies, maybe they aren't. I have no idea, but the timing of the name change is awfully convenient, as is the disappearance of all the negative reviews for mybatterysupplier.

Do yourself a favor. Don't bother with these batteries. Unless you need a whole lot of CR2032s, spring for the extra few bucks and buy one at your local drug store.

NEXT-DAY (12/20/2011) UPDATE: I went to see if my review was published and almost laughed out loud. When I bought these batteries at the end of last week, the seller was listed as mybatterysupplier. Yesterday (when I wrote the review), the seller was listed as Best Deal Supply. Today, the seller is listed as Photoland NY! What's the story here? Does this company change its name every few days to erase prior negative reviews?

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 30, 2011 7:06:02 AM PST
T-Bone says:
I do not think the companies are changing their names. Amazon changes the suppliers quite frequently. They've always done that as far as I can tell.

Posted on Jan 9, 2012 10:18:02 AM PST
M. Fogle says:
Typically, Amazon will change the main supplier of the product to the one that has the lowest retail price. If you want to buy directly from Amazon, often they will have their price listed on the right under "More Buying Choices."

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 21, 2012 3:07:11 PM PDT
But he clicked on the link from the order he actually made. That should have led to the company that he purchased from and not the supplier with the lowest retain price, yes?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 1, 2013 8:08:11 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 1, 2013 8:11:13 PM PST
Only if he clicked through the actual invoice which in under "View Invoice" under the order date on the left in the "Your Orders" listing. If he was just reviewing his order in the main order screen, clicking on the item would take him to that product at whatever supplier or price, etc it is currently.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 17, 2013 2:57:32 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 2, 2015 10:53:55 PM PDT
Blackrifle says:
Katrina, you are absolutely correct. This anomaly occurs because Amazon rotates Sellers such that each Seller is prominent on Product Page for some period of time. You are paying attention to the details. Unfortunately, many Amazonians do not. Cheers!

Posted on Mar 22, 2014 7:07:37 AM PDT
T. Young says:
buying from the drugstore is no guarantee, either. i bought 3 pairs of them from walgreens a week or so ago and two of them lasted all of 15 minutes

In reply to an earlier post on May 6, 2015 9:41:33 AM PDT
not actually true. The product page gives the current "top" supplier. Other comments are also wrong--the listed supplier does not always offer the lowest price. We went through all sorts of permutations like these with glucose testing strips--almost never the same supplier twice. There's one way to get the link to a specific supplier--if you select it from "other buying options" and place in cart. When you click on the link in the cart, the same supplier will pop up--but only as long as it is still selling the product. Once the product has been moved to "buy later", all bets are off.

So, from the reviews, it absolutely sounds like at least one supplier is selling duds. Certainly "mybatterysupplier" is one to avoid. But I've ordered similar batteries in the past from other suppliers and never had a problem.

Also note that Amazon gives you separate opportunities to review the product and the seller, although most reviewers are either too ignorant or too stupid to realize the difference.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 6, 2015 8:01:08 AM PDT
J. Mullins says:
In my experience, it shows the lowest price with shipping included. This doesn't always mean lowest list price, but it does mean lowest total price.

Posted on Sep 2, 2015 7:24:20 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 2, 2015 7:33:13 PM PDT
I brought this up in a comment years ago and then wrote an email to Amazon about the need to have a product review and a supplier review separate from each other, but have the suppliers with review also supplied on the page. This way you can find good products even with bad suppliers. I had noticed that items I knew were very good had bad reviews and if I read the reviews it was complaints about the suppliers bring it down. To my surprise, about 2 weeks later they came out with this system here. Once you get how it works it's pretty good. Good products can get good reviews and the bad suppliers found below the add to cart button can get ripped a new one with 1 star reviews. I personally only buy things supplied by Amazon. I will from time to time on very cheap things take the risk because I don't mind losing $2 that much.

Found it. This led to the email I sent Amazon and weeks later this system started. I have suggest many things to them and almost all have been put into the site. I love Amazon.

‹ Previous 1 Next ›