5.0 out of 5 stars This is an amazing machine!, August 11, 2012
This review is from: Sony VAIO E Series SVE15114FXS 15.5-Inch Laptop (2.5 GHz Intel Core i5-3210M Processor, 6GB DDR3, 640GB HDD, Windows 7 Home Premium) Aluminum Silver (Personal Computers)
I studied specs and repair records about laptops for months before buying this laptop. It didn't have to be attractive or sleekly designed. It did have to be blazingly fast and have half-way good graphics for a decent price. When I opened the box and took out my laptop, I was thrilled. Not only is it top of the line for this cost and blazingly fast, it's also sleek, well-made and gorgeous. The lighted keyboard is fantastic, and my typing has really improved now that I'm not constantly guessing at the keys in poorly lit areas.

This laptop doesn't heat up as much as my AMD powered ASUS does. The keyboard is very responsive and a lot easier on the fingers than others I've used.

The Touchpad: I don't really use one as I'm used to a mouse but I did try it out on a job that required lots of selecting options and hitting submit buttons. How very cool! One tiny tap of the finger does both jobs.

I was, frankly, astounded when I found a laptop this powerful at this price. It has a third-generation i5 processor, 6GB RAM and a 640 GB Hard Drive. It's got a fabulous software package for music and video and other great Sony software.

I had considered other machines with second-generation i5 processors, but the second-gen graphics are not anywhere near as good as the third-gen. No, you'll still need a dedicated graphics card to do serious gaming, but otherwise the graphics are great.

Read the specs and reviews for other Sony laptops and compare them with any other laptop on the market at this price range. Then make your own decision. Don't let someone's tale of a software issue turn you away from an outstanding machine at a really good price. The E-series was rated one of PC Magazine's Top Ten Laptops, where it is the only machine below $1000. It was also a PC Magazine Editor's Choice. Link to PC Mag to read more.

[Add comment]