4.0 out of 5 stars Great replacement., December 5, 2010
This review is from: Bose AE2 Around-Ear Audio Headphones, Black (Electronics)
I previously owned the Bose Triport (Around Ear) headphones for $150 and they lasted me a good five years with heavy use. I needed repairs on one of the ear cushions and Bose Customer Service on the phone offered me the AE2 to upgrade at a very significant discount for the trade-in. (I paid $65.00) I went ahead and bought these hoping the features would be just as good. (I loved my Triport headphones)

For the AE2:

-They are very comfortable and in fact, because of the swiveling earpieces which is a new feature on this model, I think they are much more comfortable than the already-comfortable previous over-ear version.

-These headphones are extremely lightweight. I sometimes forget that I have them on. I am very impressed.

-The cord on this version is only on one side (the left side) instead of leading out of each ear cup. This was a very nice feature and improvement that I appreciate.

-The sound quality is wonderful and was just what I expected out of these headphones.

As for durability, I can see these lasting me another five years with near every-day use, but some people in reviews of the previous model said they had issues. I guess it is subjective to how much care you give to the item, but overall, if you're not rough with them, hopefully they will do well for you as they have for me.

**While these are new on the market, if you have a previous style such as the Around-Ear / Triport like I had, try calling Bose customer service to get the discount on the trade-in upgrade instead of a repair like I did. I was amazed to get such a discount and knew it would be worth it from the start. I love these headphones!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 20, 2012 8:06:48 PM PST
Excellent and helpful review. I was also an owner of the previous version of this headset and am happy to see that improvements have been made. Just did what you recommended and you saved me some money. Thanks again.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 14, 2012 8:52:01 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 14, 2012 8:52:36 PM PDT
Bart says:
I had the same problems as you with cushions of my Triport headset. On your advice I called Bose and was offered an exchange/upgrade to AE2 for a mere $60 (which of course I jumped on!!). I was reluctantly about to pay $35 for just a pair of replacement ear cushions. Thanks for that valuable tip.

Posted on Aug 6, 2012 8:32:25 AM PDT
Ryan N says:
I had the exact same thing happen to me although the headband on my triports broke (twice). I as well jumped at the $60 replacement and am looking forward to the AE2's coming my way in a week. Thanks for the review, it's good to know I'll enjoy the replacements as much as I did my Triports. I've always said Logitech has the best costumer experience of any company out there but now I'll put Bose in that same conversation.

Posted on Mar 15, 2013 3:27:10 PM PDT
J. S. Fagan says:
Thanks so much for this info. I just got my headphones replaced for less than half the price of a new set. Good thing to point out to people.

Posted on Dec 5, 2013 10:39:39 AM PST
I just called Bose to get the trade-in upgrade and they said it's a promotion they run only every so often and it's not available right now :(

Posted on Feb 24, 2014 3:26:03 PM PST
Daniel says:
Based on your review, why only 4 stars? It deserves 5 stars all day long!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.2 out of 5 stars (754 customer reviews)

$149.95