5.0 out of 5 stars A great day-to-day watch, June 19, 2013
This review is from: Seiko Men's SNE057 Solar Blue Dial Watch (Watch)
I bought this watch as my first everyday watch that I wore for school, work, leisure - basically everything.

Right off the bat I was impressed with this watch - it was easy to set the time, and I really like the fact that it charges itself from sunlight. The design is very simple, making the time very easy to read. The day/date display is also easy to read, and a very useful feature to have.

I was lucky that the band fit me without having to adjust it, although it was slightlyyy on the loose side, but I got used to it. Something that I like about the expansion band as opposed to a clasp design is that you can take it on and off very easily and quickly, so if you prefer taking your watch off to wash your hands, bathe, exercise etc., you won't be fumbling with any clasps multiple times a day. The problem with the expansion band is that if it doesn't fit you, adjusting it is difficult. I didn't want to do it myself just in case I accidentally damaged it, so I left it the way it was (ever so slightly loose).

The hands and the hash-marks are all glow-in-the-dark, and they do so very brightly. Some other watches I've had do not glow brightly enough or long enough to read at night, but this one has always been very visible. After coming inside on a bright day, they glow ridiculously brightly and it is pretty awesome to look at.

Unfortunately, this watch's band broke after slightly less than year's worth of wearing it. I wore it every day for the first summer I got it, then in the fall I wore it about 30-40% of the time once I got a different watch. I was wearing it at the gym (probably not the best idea, but I'd never had a problem before), and I looked down and one of the connecting pieces in the band had broken. It was still holding together on one side, but it wouldn't hold for long so I just broke off the other piece. I don't remember hitting my wrist on anything, so I don't know why the band broke. I think it was just a random incident, so it *could* happen no matter where you are, if you're wearing the watch on a daily basis.
Eventually I took it to a jeweler to put the band back together. They took out too many links and now it's a bit tight, but all it will take is another adjustment and it should be fine.

Overall, the watch served me well for daily use, until the band broke. Not sure if that was a problem caused by the band's design or just a random incident. The style and quality of the watch are otherwise quite good, and I would definitely recommend this watch.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]