3.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the money., March 7, 2012
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: The Sims 3: Showtime - PC/Mac (Video Game)
I was so excited to recieve this game, like I always am for every Sims game. I waited for it load and to download the extra venue. After playing the game for about 30 minutes, I realized this game is just a small add off of the hobbies concept. Three new jobs and that's it? I can be part of a band and save $39.99 if I would have skipped this expansion pack and just kept my old ones. I wish EA would come out with a really awesome expansion pack that you can't really live without. I remember how awesome each of the expansion packs for sims 1 were, I even liked the sims 2 expansion packs, but this one was a huge disappointment. After you complete the three jobs, that's it you're done and there's nothing else added, where is the months of fun in that until the next lack-luster expansion pack comes out. I have to say I would love to see an expansion pack like Makin' Magic from Sims 1. I don't care how old that game is, it was the best expansion pack.

Please do better next time EA.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 17 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 8, 2012 4:05:36 PM PST
I completely agree. EA, please bring back expansion packs of old... back when they didn't feel like a rip off. :(

Posted on Mar 9, 2012 3:23:56 PM PST
I know! EA used to be better about Expansion packs, but now they're just selling a bunch of Downloadable content that's a ton more expensive and giving out less and less items per expansion!

Posted on Mar 9, 2012 3:59:04 PM PST
Rose GM says:
Dear God Makin Magic was so awesome.. I remember going nuts with that one and playing for hours on end. (Not to mention it kind of was perfect timing with my Harry Potter obsession!)

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 9, 2012 6:03:05 PM PST
snowbun0269 says:
Yea. Hours of fun, with the greatest activities and rabbit hole. It was so simple, but so much better than any magic concept created in sims 2/3 or the store products. I don't think they could even make an expansion pack like that anymore. They are more worried about creating a pack that has barely any good content to make us spend money and to try to keep our attention until the next lack-luster pack comes out. I feel bad for myself because I take the hook. haha I pray when every expansion pack comes out that it will be a good one, and every one lets you down. EA needs to understand they are going to start losing loyal customers (who have had/played sims since the beginning) because they are TOO GREEDY! Look at the store concept. Just give us those items in expansion packs and stuff packs. It would make them 100 TIMES better!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 9, 2012 6:07:12 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Mar 9, 2012 6:20:27 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 9, 2012 6:20:44 PM PST
snowbun0269 says:
The normal Sims player can't just throw around money to keep buying things that SHOULD be included in expansion packs and stuff packs. We barely get any new items in these packs, so that EA is able to have a store where we have to pay $20-40 to get anything good. Crap. Give us some good expansion packs like Livin' Large, Makin' Magic, Superstar! Superstar was another "hours of fun" type of game. Even though the concept was so simple, I always was doing the model stuff (taking pictures, catwalks, etc). So much better than the new stuff.

Posted on Mar 10, 2012 2:47:33 PM PST
omg makin magic was awesome!!! there are times i am tempted to install all the sims 1 games just to play that expansion again--they should totally redo it for sims 3

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 10, 2012 5:21:27 PM PST
snowbun0269 says:
Yea just make it for sims 3 and upgrade it. I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Posted on Mar 21, 2012 8:38:28 AM PDT
A. Hembree says:
I agree guys! I have the sims 1, 2 and 3. I have noticed a decline in the objects, wardrobe, hairstyles, etc with each Sims 3 expansion pack. They want us to spend money (like you said) to buy the stuff that should have been in the expansion pack. I can see some things us having to buy, because we can pick what we want with less space. They need to start charging $12.99 for the expansion packs and letting us pick towns, homes, hairstyles etc from the store. I can see buying that as long as it didn't total over the bullcrap 39.99 I paid for this game.

Posted on Apr 2, 2012 11:42:42 PM PDT
I totally agree with you. EA has been totally slacking off when it comes to the Sims 3. I've been a fan for years. The sims 1 was awesome, The Sims 2 = simply amazing. And the expansion packs for those were always great (except for the Sims 2 Bon Voyage which was my least favorite). But yeah. They don't care for our interests anymore idk what their problem is now; all they care about is money. They want us to spend all of this money ($40 each new EP! And half for those worthless SPs) but they don't give us any new quality content anymore, and if they do its not much and doesn't last. Honestly I think World Adventures was truly their only GREAT EP, the others have just been...eh. I'm still not bored with WA. And you really think Makin' Magic was the best EP....? I don't really think so...I mean it was a great EP but not the best. I still play Sims 1 and Sims 2. Sims 3 is only fun up to a point...when there is a new EP to play because I get bored of all their old ones. At least with Sims 1 and Sims 2 I never got bored, really a shame.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›

Review Details

Item

3.7 out of 5 stars (115 customer reviews)

$19.99 $14.99