2.0 out of 5 stars Good design, horrible sizing, May 26, 2012
This review is from: Glamorise Women's Double-Layer Custom-Control Sport Bra (Apparel)
I ordered this product twice, first in 34DD and then when that was too big, 34D. The other bras I have are 34DD-F so I thought it was a safe bet to order a 34DD. Nope, WAY too big. Sent that back and ordered a 34D, thinking Glamorize sizing must run large. To my dismay the 34D was also too big even when the outer mesh was set to the smallest size. I know the problem is not me because the two other bras I got (Moving Comfort, 34D and 34DD) fit perfectly. I am just sending this one back because I don't have the time to keep doing this until I get down to whatever size in Glamorize corresponds to an actual 34DD.

If it had fit, I have to say it's a nice idea. The inner part is a white unpadded soft cup bra, and then there is a gray outer mesh "sling" part that fastens to the straps. It is adjustable to give varying degrees of support/compression. I also like the high neckline. It wasn't so high that I felt suffocated but was definitely high enough that there was no cleavage showing, which I appreciate for when I'm bending over to do stretches before running.

Overall, the design shows promise and if I had seen these in a store and been able to find one that fit I would have been happy with it, but as it is I had to send it back and would not buy it again or recommend to a friend.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 29, 2012 6:44:13 AM PDT
JRP says:
Hi. This is JP from Glamorise. Really sorry you couldn't find the right size. I'd like to help. Feel free to email me. Send it to: info@glamorise.com and put JP in the ref line.

Posted on Jun 17, 2012 7:26:53 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 17, 2012 7:27:13 PM PDT
E. Low says:
Update on my review... Within days of posting this review I got the above comment from the president of the company, asking if their designer could contact me by phone and get some feedback from me. A few days later, Linda, their designer called me and we talked for a bit. She walked me through measuring myself and said that according to their size charts (maybe this one here: http://www.glamorise.com/sizecalc.php?Prod=Bras) I would actually be a 34C, not D. And then she sent me one in that size for free.

So, although I stand by what I first said that the sizing on this bra is a bit wonky, it seems like if you go to their website and compare your measurements to their size charts, you should be able to get a bra that fits you well even if their sizing is a bit off from other brands' sizings. I am happy I gave them another chance, though, because I LOVE doing business with a company that stands behind its product like this and went above and beyond to ensure customer satisfaction. In retrospect, as long as you get the correct sizing, I would recommend this bra to a friend.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 7:50:33 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Nov 20, 2012 7:52:00 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2014 10:54:04 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 16, 2014 10:54:39 AM PDT
Peanut says:
Hi, just wanted to say that,for me, also a 34DD, the fit was perfect. I did go to a 36DD as I have found that sports bras run a tad tighter circumference/band size-wise. I own 3 of this style and they are the most comfortable bras I have. I even wear them under scoop neck tees when I am not in workout mode because of the comfort and the peek of mesh at the neckline looks like a nice layering cami. Thanks so much for providing this style.

Posted on Jun 18, 2014 5:27:41 AM PDT
I am so glad i found this Bra on here..i had ordered a 36 C from FootSmart...did not fill the cup out fully was a little bigEven though that is my normal bra size. I, lost a lot of weight due to being diagnosed with Hyperthyroidism 3 years ago..was gain some weight back ..and lost the Love of my life my Husband on May 10th 2 days before his 51 st birthday I am 3 years older, Lost my first husband in 1999 he was 50 as well i dropped down to 114 that is 4 lbs from all the weight i lost when diagnosed 140 to 110 in less than a month..i sent and exchanged for 38 B perfect fit.. The price on here is much less..FootSmart for same bra...Glamorise... they are $49.99...i did send the 38B back as well, Because the price was just to high..I am so glad ,got email from Amazon saying Bra sale glad i checked it out..Thanks Amazon

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 18, 2014 5:39:55 AM PDT
Is a very comfortable bra, i will be ordering mine from here i had ordered 2 different sizes second size fit, from FootsSmart...i even sent the second one back because the price was to high $49.99 from FootSmart ..got email from Amazon said bra sale checked it out and i was shocked how much cheaper the price is on Amazon...Got mine in the Black and White..
‹ Previous 1 Next ›