Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

The manufacturer commented on the review belowSee comments
1.0 out of 5 stars Not ready for GA yet, October 5, 2012
This review is from: Quicken Deluxe 2013 [Download] [OLD VERSION] (Software Download)
I have been using quicken now for a very very long time. Every year I diligently upgrade to the next release. I always puchase the deluxe version. Overall I have been very pleased witht the product. This specfic release is defiitely not ready for the general public and misleading. I purchased the product today specifically for the mobile functionality as most other consumers did. I was expecting everything to go smoothly. After installing it and then it going through the conversion of my 2012 data i was ready to test the cloud syncing functionality. This did not go well. It looked as though it was working and completed. The only alert/error I got was "create category" and a little yellow triangle. I then downloaded and installed the ipad app. When I open that app, there is nothing there so obviously my deakto app is not syncing with the cloud. I decided to google this error and found all the other uaers having the same issue. I then contacted intuit support online chat. The support person directed me to several support docs explaining this issue and some error trapping. He said that they are aware of the issue and do not have a fix or a timeframe for the fix. These docs basically had me turn on specific debugging flags and perform some error trapping along ith a screen shot of the actual error. I have been in IT support now for 22 years and I doubt many users could have gone through all of this troubleshooting/steps to try to trap the error. I then emailed intuit all of these files and was told I shold hear somethng soon. He did say i had 60 days to get my refund if I was not satisfied with the product. I will wait a week to her something and then I may get my money back. The problem I have with them is that they should be up front and say that this feature is not working yet or pull the product until it is resolved. I would tell all the consumers to wait to purchase this item.

stem
The manufacturer commented on this review(What's this?)
Posted on Oct 10, 2012 12:23:03 PM PDT
Kathryn says:
(MANUFACTURER)
Hi Kevin,
Thank you again for providing feedback about the mobile app and your support experience here-it has been extremely helpful for us in identifying and fixing some of these issues, in particular, the "create category" error. Again, we apologize for the issues you experienced. We know this has caused problems in using Quicken 2013 itself, and we are happy to announce that we've released a product and server update that should resolve the majority of issues some users are experiencing. To download this update, you can perform a One Step Update and then download the patch release, or download the "mondo" patch here: http://quicken.intuit.com/support/help/go/GEN82798

We still have a small number of unique issues that we are tracking down, and we will provide more information as soon as fixes for these are validated--for details on these issues, and updated information on how to fix your issues, visit this updated FAQ http://quicken.intuit.com/support/help/go/INF21487

If you find that the updates have changed or improved your experience, please help us and other users by sharing your feedback here-the more we hear from you, the better we can focus on updates that will give everyone a best-in-class experience.

Thanks,
Kathryn

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 32 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 122 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 6, 2012 1:45:22 PM PDT
Great review. May I ask a question? You said you upgrade every year. Because Intuit doesn't offer upgrade discounts, what do you do with the previous year(s) versions? Can you re-sell say the 2012 version on EBay when the 2013 version comes out? Of course, you wouldn't get the full price you paid for 2012 version but you could receive something to minimize the annual full price you have to pay every year.

BTW, the refund process you were told about does indeed work. I used it a couple of years ago when I purchased an unbelievable terrible Quicken for Mac. As impressed as I have been with Quicken for Windows, and their related TurboTax products, I was equally unimpressed that they would even release a Mac version which was so weak compared with their Windows version.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 6, 2012 2:04:00 PM PDT
Ken,

You know i guess i could re-sell the previous versions. I looked at my primary checking register i quicken this am and believe it or not it starts in 1995. 17 years of using quicken.
Yeah, i heard about the herendous quicken for mac faisco, not good.

Posted on Oct 6, 2012 9:57:10 PM PDT
Kevin - Thank you for your feedback and patience. While the mobile app is working very well for the majority of our customers, we are aware some customers are experiencing issues. We want the mobile app to work flawlessly for all of our customers and are working hard to provide a fix for the issue you mention. We hope to provide one early this week.

Thank you for being a long time customer. I apologize again for the trouble you are having.

Kristen
Quicken Team

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 7, 2012 2:02:04 PM PDT
David Lindow says:
Is Quicken Deluxe 2013 compatible with Windows 8

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 7, 2012 5:26:41 PM PDT
Great question, David. Yes, Quicken 2013 will be compatible with Windows 8.

Posted on Oct 7, 2012 5:29:44 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 8, 2012 9:01:26 PM PDT
Hi Kevin,

I am sorry to hear you are having problems. I am responsible for the development of Quicken and want to assure you we are working on sync issues that some of our customers, including you, are experiencing. We are currently working on this particular issue but would appreciate it if you are willing to give us more details. If so, please contact me at Quicken_Team@intuit.com. This particular issue is data file specific so each case we have where it is failing, gives us a better chance to make sure we address it. We are committed to resolving any sync related issues ASAP. I am personally following through on these issues to get them resolved. Again, I am sorry for the inconvenience.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 8, 2012 7:04:24 AM PDT
Thanks to Kevin for posting his review. I have used Quiken since 1990 and for a long time I upgraded every year. But in more recent years, the changes haven't been significant for me so I am currently still using Quicken 2010 Deluxe. I have been asking and waiting for a mobile application companion and I was excited to see that it was finally here. But based on Kevin's review, I expect to wait for a while longer to make sure the bugs are worked out.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 8, 2012 2:50:59 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 9, 2012 2:42:16 PM PDT
RRR says:
Caution:.. an Intuit employee using a Gmail address?

EDIT:
I have now learned from a trusted Quicken person on the Beta site that Ken is in fact -" Director of Quicken Developement"

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 8, 2012 7:53:48 PM PDT
GoodMoGo says:
LOL!
I thought the same thing. And the "each data file is specific" makes it even more suspicious.. Kevin already sent his troubleshooting logs to Quicken.Hey, "Ken", can I give you all my financial information?

Posted on Oct 8, 2012 7:56:29 PM PDT
GoodMoGo says:
Kevin (or anyone else that has used this). It seems that the mobile version only applies to banking accounts, not investments. But I could not find any reference if the ledger entries support "split transactions", "tags", and "memos".
Anyone knows?