Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Movie for the Whole Family, October 14, 2012
About halfway through this movie I looked over my 8 year old daughter, and almost 12 year old son, to my husband and said, "I can't believe I'm getting goosebumps from a Tinker Bell movie."

Yes. Goosebumps.

My daughter and I have watched all the Tinker Bell movies in the franchise, and have even watched the specials on the Disney channel. I have to say that we've loved all the movies, but I think Secret of the Wings is now my favorite.

I won't bore you with the synopsis, as you can read it above, but I will tell you about what we liked,

-New characters!! Not only do we get to see all the favorites, we get lots of brand new characters as well, including Periwinkle (of course), Dewey (the Keeper), Lord Milori (voiced by Timothy Dalton! Yes!), and a host of new friends from the Winter Woods.

-No bad guys. I realized when I was watching this that there are no bad guys in a Tinker Bell movie! There are bad things that happen (and an occasional stray cat), but there is really no one bad guy. I love that! I love that it teaches my daughter that bad things can happen but if you work together, and think outside the box (like Tink), you can solve almost any problem.

-Personal sacrifice. As one of the other reviewers here remarked, there is a moment of personal sacrifice made by Tinker Bell that truly makes the film. It shows that while her main focus is getting to know Periwinkle, she cares more about all of the fairies, and the great pixie dust tree, than her own wishes.

-Great music. I'm still singing..."and the great divide...doesn't seem so wide..." although I do miss the Celtic music from the previous movies.

-The story! How can I put this last? The story is FANTASTIC. Simple enough that children can understand it, and complex enough that adults will enjoy it (note: my husband and I were going "Ooooh - I know what's gonna happen" as there is quite a bit of foreshadowing, but it didn't ruin the movie at all!"

All in all, the entire family has marked this as one of the best Tinker Bell movies yet! Even the animation is getting better (the bobcat looks so real!).

Thanks, Disney, for making an amazing franchise - so...when's the next movie?!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 16 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 24, 2012 3:12:08 PM PDT
Jennifer says:
I love your review, and YES, they are making a new Tinker Bell movie. Unfortunately I don't know when it will be coming out. :-)

Posted on Oct 26, 2012 11:29:19 AM PDT
M. Diaz says:
I was going to write a review but then I read this one and considered the job done. Fantastic review, no spoilers and for those reading comments I will say one thing- watch this movie. It isn't too childish and it is remarkably animated with catchy songs and heartfelt moments. I rented it via amazon instant video and it was simple and played perfectly. I am so happy to have another outlet for affordable instant streaming.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 26, 2012 11:51:05 AM PDT
Randi Morse says:
I saw that on Wikipedia! I think it's 2014, though - dang it!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 26, 2012 11:51:29 AM PDT
Randi Morse says:
M. Diaz - thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I loved the movie, and I hope adults give it a chance!

Posted on Oct 28, 2012 2:20:27 AM PDT
A Customer says:
i might have shed a tear of joy along the way:) great heartfelt review of a wonderful fiction.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 28, 2012 6:17:17 PM PDT
Randi Morse says:
awww, thanks! Tear? I shed no tears...I swear...it was, um, allergies. Yes, allergies... ;D

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 12:34:29 PM PST
VW Smith says:
thanks for the great review. I'll have to watch it with my DD :)

Posted on Nov 23, 2012 5:17:27 PM PST
Musicalmagic says:
The next movie is The Quest for the Queen you can see the trailer on youtube

Posted on Dec 8, 2012 11:10:08 AM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 5:59:38 PM PST
Randi Morse says:
Casual Surveyor - you are, as always, entitled to your opinion, but personally I believe if children learned to be MORE selfless, rather than selfish, there would be much more good done in the world. The Tinkerbell franchise may make money (it's Disney - Disney always makes money) but every one of the movies passes along a good message and is heartfelt - it's rare to find such wonderful family entertainment that isn't boring, silly, or religious! (again, nothing against religion)
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›