5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect ... An All Time "Hall of Fame" Recommendation, June 15, 2011
This review is from: Manfrotto 561BHDV-1 Fluid Video Monopod with Head (Electronics)
This thing does it's job very efficiently. If you are a photographer or videographer, or as in my case a photographer delving into video with my HDSLR. You gotta buy this.

We all either carry way too much equipment and hate taking it out. Or we leave vital equipment and lose out on having the optimal setup. This Monopod bridges that gap very effectively.

It provides the most solid stabilization you can get without carrying a huge set of sticks and head around. It doesn't look like it from the pics, but its VERY thick, and will extend over your head.

I shot a commercial for a local barbershop two days after receiving my monopod, and it turned out great. I had other supports, stands, tripods,etc. But never took them out. Every since then I carry this strapped to whatever bag I carry that day and I'm shooting much more footage, because it's so fast and convenient.

It allows me to shoot from places that I never even considered before and can be done very quickly. Without any significant space being needed either. It doesn't scare people like my huge tripod was doing, so I have been able to get a lot of great stock footage. I think this should be essential standard equipment for anybody doing weddings or special events. Ok Ok, so does it pan smoothly?.... YES! I can do most pan moves and dolly shots I need, and can do other stuff that I wouldn't be able to do with three legs. And as stated by the Manufacturer (visually confirmed by me) ... The Fluid head is a Manfrotto 701 that has been modified to screw atop this monopod. If you are researching this monopod, I'm pretty sure you know the praise that head receives.

This easily goes into my hall of fame recommendations category. What else do you want to hear? I'm done, just buy it.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 19, 2012 8:38:57 PM PDT
Thanks for the review. I bought the tripod. I love it. However, for me is is heavy and large and I am not sure how to carry it. Can you tell me how you strap it to your bags?

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 19, 2012 8:55:17 PM PDT
I use the Manfrotto 485HL tripod strap. It works perfect for me in most cases. Like walking thru the city, or quick stops when driving. I like to take back roads, and want easy transport from my vehicle to my perfect viewing angle. And, not have to take it out of a bag. It not having to be removed makes it very efficient for me. When, I need more protection then I use a Manfrotto padded tripod bag. I don't recall the model of the bag, but I'm sure they don't make it anymore. Hope this helps.

Posted on Jan 27, 2013 7:41:24 PM PST
Bosch232 says:
Thanks for your review. When you say that the fluid head has been modified to fit this monopod, does that mean it won't fit to other gear?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 27, 2013 9:51:38 PM PST
It will fit on other tripods/monopods. BUT, you will have to make small modifications to do so with simple tools. About a five minute job which is a lot of time if you are shooting. So, it will work in an emergency, but it's not designed to be something you take on and off. I would advise buying a separate head if you plan on going back and forth to another support system.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 27, 2013 9:52:59 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Jan 27, 2013 9:53:22 PM PST]
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.7 out of 5 stars (120 customer reviews)

Out of stock