4.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy the Kindle version, October 28, 2011
This review is from: "War Brides" (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this novel but Amazon must have out-sourced the transcription of it to an ESL provider or a very bad typist for the Kindle version. There are lots of typos, duplicate words, and missing words which made it frustrating to read at times. There were actually a few sentences that were incomplete, but I could intuit the thread of the thoughts being conveyed, so I just filled in. The plot and characters are very interesting so buy the paperback or check it out at the library.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 6 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 22 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 18, 2012 5:07:39 PM PDT
L. Pease says:
This is the second 99 cent kindle ebook that I've read in the past month that had the most horrible editing! The other one was twice as bad. At least the story was good... It angers me though that they put garbage like this out as a finished product!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 28, 2012 11:19:16 AM PDT
Syl Han says:
At least you only paid 99 cents. Amazon is charging Canadian customers $2.99.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2012 11:37:34 AM PDT
I didn't find those errors in my kindle edition. Maybe I was too engrossed in the story or perhaps they were corrected. A previous book I read was rife with errors, punctuation errors especially. Thought it was proof-read by a middle school kid. It does become bothersome.

Posted on Aug 3, 2012 8:47:36 AM PDT
Marsha Rich says:
Recently read WAR BRIDES and could not agree with you more! Thoroughly enjoyed the story but the Kindle edition is rife with the errorS you mentioned. It was so distracting that many times I found myself concentrating on mistakes instead of enjoying a good read. I like your ESL theory. I thought perhaps typist was nodding on and off and had continued typing in his sleep.

Posted on Jun 24, 2013 4:04:29 PM PDT
Kathy Weyer says:
Unfortunately it's not just the Kindle version - I had to stop reading the paperback; it was just too distracting. REally awful, but the story could have been wonderful. Too bad.

Posted on Aug 24, 2013 5:02:58 AM PDT
Kokopelli says:
How utterly frustrating this sort of editing must be for the author! And my guess (I know nothing, really, about the publication process, etc.) is that the author has no control over it.

Similar things sometimes happen with poorly done translations. Again, what a frustration.

Posted on Aug 24, 2013 11:33:29 AM PDT
Having second thoughts about ordering this book. Price is secondary if editing is that bad. Think I'll pass. Thanks for all the feedback.

Posted on Nov 12, 2013 4:12:43 PM PST
Lynn says:
When I experienced that problem with a book before, I was able to correct it by changing the font size and the font type. It made a big difference on the book I was reading at the time. Try it and see.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 12, 2014 8:28:52 PM PST
That has happened to me also.

Posted on Jan 16, 2014 3:10:26 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Jan 16, 2014 3:11:38 PM PST]
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.2 out of 5 stars (6,224 customer reviews)
 (3,048)