5.0 out of 5 stars Great System for people with less free time, February 27, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: PlayStation Vita - Wifi (Video Game)
First, let me say that I'm in my thirties and am busier than ever with family, career, school and living an active lifestyle. BUT, I've always enjoyed playing an occasional high production and fast twitch games since I can remember. I have an Xbox 360, but just no time to play it, a PS3, but my family really only uses it to watch movies and an IPad and IPhone, but those never satisfied my gaming "fix".

This PS Vita does the trick! Although I no longer sit down for hours and "game" anymore, I still get this real desire to play a high production or fast twitch game, but could never justify leaving my family to feed this small addiction. Now I can lie in bed and play for 30 minutes before crashing (while my wife shakes her head) and get that feeling like I'm playing a counsel in my hand...quite amazing and something that swiping on my Phone and Ipad could never seem to do.

PROS:
- Great Screen
- Great Controls (takes about 10 min to get used to)
- Great product for the stage of life I'm in

CONS:
- Pricy
- Uncertain future of device and games

I'd recommend this product for those who have less free time as they used to have, but still enjoy playing a (high production) game here and there!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 27, 2012 9:56:59 AM PST
C. Vacanti says:
Thanks for your review. I have it for the same reason and love it. With a wife and kids now I just don't have time to sit in my mancave for hours and play games anymore. Before the Vita my game playing was pretty much limited to a couple of hours on the weekend. But with this I can now spend that 30min or hour every night after the kids go to bed gaming while still hanging out with my wife and letting her watch the TV show of her choice. I never have really gotten into handhelds before because I felt the games had to make too many changes from their console ports to work on the handheld systems. This is the first handheld I have played that makes me feel like I am playing a full console game. I can't wait for MLB The Show to come out for this.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2012 6:31:49 AM PST
Cali11 says:
You're welcome and I'm glad to hear I'm not alone! Between MLB and Madden, I'm pretty excited about this thing!

Posted on Mar 3, 2012 9:09:15 PM PST
UnderDogs says:
I'm in the same boat as you. With a 3 yr and 6 mth old I don't have as much time to play my PS3 anymore. I don't sleep much so I still have time from 9:30 to Midnight to play but I still have to get up at 6am for work...I'm tired but use to it. I was thinking this would be perfect to play before that time while still being involved with the family. The only thing I'm worried about is my son grabbing on and wanting to play. I have the money for everything I just haven't pulled the trigger yet and pick one up. Decisions...decisions...

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 4, 2012 6:52:56 PM PST
Cali11 says:
I hear you! My 3 year old daughter keeps asking for it and we've even sat down and toyed with it a bit, but it's definitely something I hide and pull out after the kiddies go to sleep! But that's what makes it great, is that it's so easy to pick up and play at night and from anywhere. I don't think you'd regret buying this thing...

Posted on Feb 8, 2013 2:24:27 PM PST
Dani Mx says:
Sir, I am in the same situation as you. You have almost convinced me to pull the trigger. I still kinda regret not buying this during the Black Friday deals. I will wait until the big Feb 20th Sony announcement (Price drop maybe?) and then I will probably purchase it. Thanks for your review.

Posted on Mar 16, 2013 10:10:10 PM PDT
Cres says:
You pretty much sold me. I don't have the time to lug around a big bulky game console, nor do I have the time to play those games for hours. I recently am starting a new career, moving in with my girlfriend, and finishing up school, so I really like the thought of getting to play a game for an hour or so whenever, or wherever I am.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.4 out of 5 stars (761 customer reviews)

$199.99 $198.95