5.0 out of 5 stars Best Compromise Bag, October 6, 2010
This review is from: Reusable Shopping Tote / Grocery Bag by ChicoBag - 4 Pack
These bags are a great example of just what you need and nothing more. And I love that, because I'm an engineer. Embrace the 80/20, baby!

Some reviewers complain that the bags are small. But that is the point! To have a bag small enough to carry ALL the time. So you use it ALL the time. Guess you'll have to carry that 36 pack up toilet paper under your arm, sorry! Plus they are so sturdy you shouldn't worry about loading them to the max.

I saw one reviewer complain that the grocery items were getting crushed in this bag. How about not putting the bread at the bottom and the milk on top? Engage brain while shopping, please.

I saw one reviewer complained about wrinkles from the stuff sack... give me a break! Is that the best you've got? Have you evaluated your priorities lately?

These bags rock! Here is my top 10 list:
1) They are small! You can hide them in your purse, glove box, jacket pocket, etc.
2) They fold inside of themselves. Saves you time of folding or rolling. Neat freaks beware!!!
3) They have a clip! Hook them to your purse, jeans, keys, dog's collar, etc.
4) They hold soooo much! Pack it full to the brim with all sorts of heavy stuff. No problem! I'd never do that with the flimsy "reusable" bags I got from my grocery store.
5) They last a looooooong time. Even after two years of torturous use, my mango Chico bag is going strong. The seams look like they will split at any moment. But don't be fooled, the material is very durable... I just overload the weight and stretched out the thread holes.
6) The long life can pay for itself. For those of you with $$$ on the brain: My grocery store rewards me with 5 cents off for every reusable bag per trip. After 120 trips my Chico bag has paid for itself (based on Amazon cost at time of purchase). I go shopping about every 3 days because I like fresh stuff, I usually only have 5 minutes to shop, and the store is not out of the way of my commute. Soooooo... What I'm saying is that if I get 5 cents every time I shop, these bags are free after a year! Than they start PAYING me back for using them to shop!!!
7) When I ordered the 4 pack it was eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping, but the 4 pack was less than $25 dollars so I *had* to order a second item. Tehe!
8) They make great gifts for people interested in being more "green" or for people you have no idea what to get for Christmas.
9) There are many other styles available if the original does not fit your needs.
10) Chico's BagMonster... go ahead Google it! You can even get him on a bag from Chicobag.com

[Add comment]