5.0 out of 5 stars Gamers Review, January 10, 2012
This review is from: Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 3010, Full HD 1080p, 2D and 3D Home Theater Projector with Integrated Speakers (V11H421020) (Electronics)
I was very upset when I first started using my projector for gaming and then found a quick fix:

To use this projector with a game console (XBOX 360 OR PS3) you just need to have a 1 or 1.5 foot HDMI cord. Also the company is working on a firmware update to fix the lag that you would see with using a 6+ foot HDMI cable.

The quality is amazing. Very happy with this projector.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 6 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 35 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 11, 2012 9:19:50 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 11, 2012 9:22:53 AM PST
This is interesting !

are you saying that the lag people have been reporting is due to longer than 1 foot cable ? That sounds too good to be true !

could you please measure it with short and long cables and post the results here ? (see avsforum[dot]com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1377652)

also where did you hear that epson is going to provide a firmware fix for this ?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 11, 2012 9:23:00 AM PST
Mine is 1.5 feet long and it has fixed my lag problem all together, and I have even asked people to come play and see how they like it and before people would say there was a lag, etc, now no one says anything so its not just me.

And the firmware fix for this was told to me by Espon via the phone support. They said they have sent the issue to China and that there should be a firmware fix in 3 months.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 11, 2012 12:39:38 PM PST
I have a hard time believing this. Not that you don't have credibility, but what difference should an extra couple feet of cable make? Elecrtrons do travel at the speed of light.

Can you do any objective tests? Like the ones in the link that Photon posted? Lag is a little subjective and it's possible you're experiencing something other than a lag fix.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 11, 2012 12:43:47 PM PST
I can try to make a video but it would be hard. I know that it's the lag. Like I said I have had people come over to make me feel better about it when the lagging was occurring and I would just let them play and see if they liked it and they all said there was a lag, with this new HDMI cord I and my friends can tell that the lag is simply not there anymore. Not sure how I would video this since I doubt it woul pick it up but I can try.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 11, 2012 1:33:06 PM PST
Photon says:
If you read that AVS thread they show how to measure objectively to within a millisecond accuracy

They also discuss how to do it with Guitar Hero calibration

Also when you talked to Epson about the lag, did you specifically mention the HDMI cable length and did they agree with your observation as a "known problem" or they just customarily reporting back an issue to their development team ?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 11, 2012 1:45:01 PM PST
I already took a 3 min video of trying to show about the lag. If you can't really tell or see it I'll try a different way. I'm uploading it now and will post once It's processed.

And they guy pretty much just told me they didn't have a fix but told me the shorting HDMI cord was interesting and was going to pass that along.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 11, 2012 1:46:50 PM PST
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tONKWbfnHA Here is the link to the video but It may take some time to process, let me know if this helps or not.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 11, 2012 1:54:51 PM PST
Photon says:
Thanks for the video. It seems you may be on to something here.....i will also try it out on a game and see...although i dont notice the lag on most casual games I play (UC3,R3,COD-BO etc) but I did notice it slightly on Infamous 2...I guess I can try this on that game.

Also you are not getting the true potential of this if you are projecting on a wall. I used to do that and the image quality is enormously better on my 120" Favi 1.0 white matte screen which I got on Amazon for a hundred bucks !

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 11, 2012 1:59:51 PM PST
I will look into getting one! I have heard that I should get a screen, thanks!

I'm 100% sure if you try a smaller HDMI cable then you will notice a difference. When I played MW3 & Skyrim on it I had issues with the 6 foot HDMI cable and was upset with the lag then I tried that shorter HDMI cable and I was amazed. I wouldn't be posting this if I wasn't, I actually wouldn't want theses to sale if there was no actual fix or a upcoming fix for it. But like I said I have tried it and and I also gotten other people to test it out and they can all notice the difference.

I used to just watch movies because of the lag on it but now I do some gaming on it, I still don't play like MW3 on it because its just too big of an area to cover when you're playing competitive.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 11, 2012 2:34:53 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 11, 2012 3:01:03 PM PST
How many other cables do you have that you could try? It's possible it's not a short cable thing as much as a quality cable thing.

Your video is interesting, however. Do you have a computer with HDMI out or Rock Band that you can use to get some objective numbers?
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›