3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but..., January 18, 2012
This review is from: Frigidaire Professional Stainless 7-Quart Programmable Slow Cooker (Kitchen)
1/18/12 - I am making my first pot of beans today. I noticed right off that the lid does not fit tight and you can see through into the crock pot from the front. I tried it both directions. I think the pot itself maybe faulty as the lid looks fine. Wondering if this is why my beans are not done after cooking for 10 hours mostly on medium today. About 4 of those hours were on high. I pre soaked for 12 hours and I've read to do it for 24, until they are sprouted. It is a beautiful crock tho... and love the handles.

1/20/12 - 2 days later: I cooked those beans for 27 hours and still they were not done... I called Frigidare at 888-845-7330 and they were great. She thought the lid was the problem so they are sending a new crock and lid. I'll update on my next crock pot project.

2/7/12 - Finally got the new crock and lid today - It's been 18 days since I called, but the lids fits great. It was definitely the crock, as the old lid fit the new one also. More to come...

3/12/12 - Cooked a big pot of pinto beans today. They were really great. I soaked them for 18 hours, put them on at 7:30 am, set it for HIGH and 10 hours and added a few ingredients along the way, so took the lid off about 3 times in the afternoon. (it takes a while to get the heat back up to a small boil after the lid is off). Although we ate them after 10 hours, I cooked them another 2 before turning it off for perfection before storing. I am really pleased with it since getting the crock replaced with the lid fitting tightly now.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 4 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 20 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 20, 2012 5:01:44 PM PST
Mark Twain says:
We also ordered this slow cooker and received one with a lid that does not fit. We called Amazon and they quickly sent us a second one--which also has a misfitting lid. We have called the number provided in your post this evening, and are waiting to hear back from Frigidaire.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 22, 2012 5:28:35 PM PST
So, you haven't tried to cook anything yet?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 5, 2012 10:13:36 AM PST
Investor says:
I wouldn't try to cook anything with an ill-fitted lid.

Posted on Feb 5, 2012 12:45:28 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Feb 5, 2012 12:45:47 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 23, 2012 4:25:15 PM PST
Up All Night says:
Frigidaire Professional? 7-Quart Programmable Slow Cooker

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 23, 2012 4:37:43 PM PST
Up All Night says:
Just purchased the same slow cooker...the lid on mine wobbles when placed on top of the ceramic insert. Just wonderring if this is what you considered an ill- fitting lid?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 23, 2012 5:12:15 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 23, 2012 5:12:53 PM PST
Yes. It is a defect. I would call the company directly and have them send it. I suspect that Amazon is warehousing a bad batch of these. The replacement crock does not cause a lid wobble at all.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 29, 2012 12:07:12 PM PST
BarryG says:
Thank you for your attention to these follow-up messages. One reviewer said this pot will, at best, hold only 5 1/2 quarts. Is this true?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 2, 2012 8:22:26 AM PST
I don't know about that without measuring, but it is a huge crock pot. I would guess that it is 7 like it says.

Posted on Mar 12, 2012 7:29:50 PM PDT