5.0 out of 5 stars Enhances Skin Tone, Provides High SPF Protection, March 21, 2012
This review is from: Cotz Face Natural Skin Tone SPF 40, 1.5 Ounce (Misc.)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've tried many sunscreens that were greasy, heavy, smelly or irritating to my skin. I disliked wearing them (but did), and hated the fact that most of them needed to be re-applied after several hours because they had low SPF's and they tended to "slide" off the face when I perspired in the sun.

I found none of those problems with CoTZ. But I did find many things to love. Especially:

-- the product feels light, not greasy or heavy, and has no unpleasant odor. In fact, it had no odor at all, that I could detect.

-- it did not irritate my skin, or burn, or itch (and I've used sunscreens that made me itch like crazy).

-- it contains color, (a medium-beige), which enhances the skin tone (without being heavy like foundation), and it dries to a matte finish, and left my skin feeling soft, and looking smooth. (The box says you can use it under foundation/makeup as a primer, but I did not apply makeup over it.)

In some ways, CoTZ reminded me of Philosophy's "The Supernatural, poreless, flawless tinted spf 15." They even have some of the same ingredients. ( such as: dimethicone, iron oxides, dimethicone crosspolymer) .

But Philosophy's product has many MORE ingredients, and has an unattractive orange color to it (they call it "peach" but it's orange). It has a low spf of 15, and it is also more expensive than CoTZ. (About $28 for 1.6 oz)

CoTZ is $19.99 for 1.5 oz, and a little went a long way when I applied it, since it glides on so smoothly. (A slightly smaller than quarter-size circle covered my whole face easily.)

As I mentioned above, I did not use foundation over it, but I DID use under eye concealer, and it looked smoother than usual on top of the CoTZ.

All in all, this is a great sunscreen that enhances and protects the skin.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 7, 2012 6:07:56 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 7, 2012 6:08:49 PM PDT
G. Diaz says:
"A little goes a long way" does not apply to sunscreen. You need to apply a certain amount to get the protection stated.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 8, 2012 7:06:01 AM PDT
You are correct, and I agree with you about needing to apply a sufficient amount of sunscreen for protection!

But as I mentioned in the review, I used a slightly smaller than quarter size dollop. This was a liberal amount, and thanks to the tint in the product, you can actually see that it is covering all areas of your face.

Thanks for reading the review, and for your helpful comment!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.4 out of 5 stars (293 customer reviews)

$19.99 $18.71