373 of 378 people found the following review helpful
Fraggle Rock - Something For Everyone,
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Fraggle Rock - Complete First Season (DVD)
Fraggle Rock has been one of my favorite shows since I first saw it on the Disney Channel back in the 1980s. I have seen most of the shows over the years and have watched them numerous times on video tape. I am thrilled that the first season is finally scheduled to come out on DVD. I have enjoyed the DVD releases of the Fraggles, but I prefer to have season collections. Hopefully this first season will sell well enough for all 5 seasons and 96 episodes to be released, as well as the various Fraggle Rock specials - such as Down At Fraggle Rock.
I love the fact that the stories are entertaining, but also have a good moral to each story. With the different worlds shown with different creatures, there's a world and creature for everyone - whatever their tastes. Since each episode usually contained at least 3 storylines about the different creatures, I'll concentrate on the Fraggles in my below description of the shows.
The first 3 shows have appeared on DVD under the title "Where It All Began" and show #11 (Catch The Tail By The Tiger) on the DVD "Live By The Rule Of The Rock", but the other 20 shows of the first year have not appeared on DVD as far as I know.
The 24 shows of season 1 are as follows:
1. Beginnings (or "The Beginning") - the different creatures of the show are introduced, beginning with the human inventor Doc and his dog Sprocket (a Muppet-type dog) discovering a large hole in the wall of an old room Doc is converting into a workshop. Gobo (one of the main Fraggles) has the scary task of entering the workshop in order to retrieve the postcards his Uncle Matt sends as Matt explores "Outer Space" (the human world).
2. Wembley and the Gorgs - Wembley causes trouble for himself when he agrees with everyone - especially the giant Gorgs, who decide to make Wembley their own personal loyal subject.
3. Let The Water Run - The Fraggles try to get the water running again when the pool goes dry due to Doc turning off the water while he's doing repairs.
4. You Can't Do That Without A Hat - Boober loses his lucky hat and loses his courage along with his hat.
5. The Thirty-Minute Work Week - Wembley has trouble making up his mind what job he wants to do.
6. The Preachification Of Convincing John - Mokey gets Convincing John to help her convince the other Fraggles that eating the Doozer constructions is wrong.
7. I Want To Be You - Because Mokey is so popular, Red decides to be just like Mokey.
8. The Terrible Tunnel - The Terrible Tunnel is just a legend ... until Wembley accidentally finds it.
9. Treasure Of The Fraggles - Red and Gobo find a map to the Treasure of the Fraggles.
10. Don't Cry Over Spilt Milk - Doc boards up the hole in the wall, trapping Gobo inside the workshop.
11. Catch The Tail By The Tiger - Gobo, although scared to death by the idea, decides to leave Fraggle Rock to look for his Uncle Matt when Gobo hasn't received a postcard for weeks.
12. The Finger Of Light - Mokey has lots of trouble being in charge when she is made Ruler of the Rock.
13. We Love You, Wembley - Everywhere Wembley turns, someone wants him to do something for them - except Lou, who likes Wembley without wanting something from him.
14. The Challenge - Red is tired of Gobo being the leader and challenges his leadership.
15. I Don't Care - No one respects Boober's feelings and he is sick of it.
16. Capture The Moon - During the Festival of the Moon, Gobo is the Moon Greeter, but Junior Gorg steals the moon!
17. Marooned - No surprise to Boober ... his birthday is interrupted by a disaster!
18. The Minstrels - Cantus and his wandering minstrels tells the Fraggles that everyone must find their own song, but Red is having a diffucult time finding her song.
19. The Great Radish Famine - The Trash Heap makes all the radishes disappear to teach everyone a lesson.
20. The Garden Plot - Fraggle Rock is being attacked from two sides - by Sprocket trying to smash his way in with a mallet and Junior Gorg trying to pulverize it from his side.
21. Gobo's Discovery - Gobo loses faith in himself and decides not to be an explorer anymore.
22. Mokey's Funeral - Mokey tries to deal with the Gorgs' trap by herself because everyone thinks she's no good at doing practical things.
23. The Beast Of Bluerock - Wembley is afraid to go with Gobo to Bluerock.
24. New Trash Heap In Town - Although the message is to think for yourselves, Mokey becomes the new Trash Heap due to a misunderstanding of the message.
Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 8, 2007 11:18:14 PM PST
B. Bryant says:
In reply to an earlier post on Jan 22, 2008 6:24:26 AM PST
It is sad to see such mean spiritedness here. What really is the point of your post other than to hurt or ridicule? I sincerely hope your children have not learned such lessons from you.
In reply to an earlier post on Aug 14, 2008 6:07:06 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 14, 2008 6:08:58 AM PDT
S. Lee says:
Thanks for nicely pointing out jebsdad's simple mistake, especially after he took the time to post such a nicely detailed review. Since you're such a big Disney fan, maybe you would like be corrected as well. The Jim Henson Company or HIT! (Henson International Television)(not Henson Productions) was NOT bought,as you say, by Disney, ever. That deal was canceled shortly after Jim Henson died. The Muppets and a couple of other shows were sold to Disney more recently, but that does not include the Fraggles, Labyrinth, Dark Crystal, Farscape and many other franchises still owned by the Henson family.
So, if you're going to act like a jerk, get your facts straight.
Jebsdad, thanks for the nice review!
PS - Look for new Farscape webisodes online, soon! As well as a second Dark Crystal movie and a new Fraggle Rock movie with music by Dweezil Zappa!! Long live Henson!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›