5.0 out of 5 stars Works great for me, June 21, 2010
This review is from: Philips Flexible Earhook Headphones SHS3200BK/37 (Electronics)
I owned a pair of these for about 4 yrs and used them on a daily basis; really put them through the ringer and finally they started to break. I am now buying my second pair. They fit well, and because I had the black colored ones they were invisible with my brown hair - which is helpful when trying to ignore people who are talking to you and you don't really care about what they are saying. The sound quality was good. Even when I was working out and sweating they felt like they were not even there.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 29, 2010 8:53:01 AM PDT
I can't even get a set of sound/head gear to last more than a few months much less 4 years -- you've sold me Islandgirl, I'm going to try them!

Posted on Oct 21, 2011 7:09:48 AM PDT
G. Hogan says:
Fake review. I was checking out all the different reviews and came across EXACT Same Review!!! http://www.amazon.com/PHILIPS-HS-321-Flexible-Earhooks-Bass/product-reviews/B0006TOJUC/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1
At least one, if not both have to be fake.

Posted on Jan 1, 2012 11:50:46 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 1, 2012 11:57:05 PM PST
Rahman says:
G. Hogan :

Not sure if this review is "fake", I do not think it is, but I can tell you that I used one pair of these headphones for at least two years. The gym, traveling overseas, pretty much every day for hours. Any quality decrease was unnoticeable.

The wires are very thin, take care of them and these 6-dollar headphones will indeed last for years, and outperform 100-dollar ones. I know that for a fact, I just got some far more expensive 'earhook' headphones recently for "real" quality, and it turned out they are not as good as the Philips.

These and the Sennheiser 515's cover everything I currently need or want for "outdoor" and "indoor" headphones (comfort & sound-quality without worry about the price due to extensive usage).

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 3, 2013 2:14:39 PM PDT
Steven Mason says:
Mr. Hogan, I hope you're not a policeman or a judge, because you seem to require very little circumstantial evidence for your accusations, and your logic is not so sound, either.

The most likely reason that Island Girl's review appears for both products is because Amazon will quite often do that when the products are virtually identical. For example, someone will write a review for the hardback edition of a book, and lo and behold it shows up when you read the reviews for the paperback edition. And if there is a mass market paperback, an audiobook, and a Kindle edition, you might see the same review five times! In this case, the same headset came in two different colors, black and white. Otherwise they are identical.

Now, EVEN IF the reviewer decided to write the same review for both the black and white models, as a FAVOR to people who prefer either color, then that is neither suspicious nor strange enough to justify the kind of accusation you make. If you are CURIOUS about it, the civil thing to do is ask. Before you accuse someone, Mr. Hogan, it won't kill you to ask. Or perhaps you are a "shoot first, ask questions later" kind of guy? :-)

Of course, your suspicions might be correct, Mr. Hogan. Maybe Island Girl works in the marketing department of Philips and she is writing fake reviews in order to push these $7 headphones. I wonder how much of a commission she gets? :-)

One more thing, Mr. Hogan. At the risk of you accusing me of writing fake comments, I completely agree with Island Girl: These cheap little earphones do in fact stay on the ear and for the price they sound great for both music and audio books. Mine tend to last about two years, but I totally abuse them.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 3, 2013 3:05:47 PM PDT
Island Girl says:
At the time of my review I was working in a lab (my former bench-monkey days). There was an annoying lab mate that talked incessantly about himself and his hobbies. Tuning him out was a priority if I wanted to get any work done and keep my sanity.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 3, 2013 10:14:34 PM PDT
Steven Mason says:
Isn't it amazing how some people who "talk incessantly" often don't seem to notice when their audience is tuning them out? :-)

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 30, 2013 2:13:44 PM PDT
kiku says:
Hogan:

Coming from a runner....well, I have been using these $8 Philips headphones for more than one and a half years for my runs and workouts and I've got to say these headphones are robust and hold up very well to sweat, while $25 headphones from other brands lasted only 3 to 6 months. These headphones would last for at least another 6 months for sure and I would not be surprised if they would last for another year or year and a half. Also, there are more than 1000 other reviews for these headphones, meaning people are either happy with their purchase (in fact, a lot of them are) or don't mind trying due to their cost. Would not these make your comment irrelevant now?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 30, 2013 4:02:18 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 30, 2013 4:02:40 PM PDT
Steven Mason says:
Hogan deleted his accusatory comments for the other color; apparently he forgot that he posted it here, too. I'm not surprised he didn't apologize. I feel sorry for the girlfriend he says he has; he's got no class.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

3.7 out of 5 stars (1,778 customer reviews)

$9.99 $9.93