3.0 out of 5 stars Good sleeping experience, BUT...., September 22, 2011
This review is from: Queen Size 3 Inch Thick, 4 Pound Density Visco Elastic Memory Foam Mattress Pad Bed Topper. Made in the USA (Misc.)
This is the 2nd topper I have purchased and I'm glad I chose the denser foam this time. It really makes a difference. HOWEVER, this topper does have an odor that permeates the room and your pillows for a few weeks -- and can be nauseating. It is starting to abate now (it's been about 3 weeks), and I enjoy the overall benefit of a more comfortable night sleep, but I'm not sure others would be as patient as I have been for the odor to dissipate.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 4 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 27, 2011 9:59:44 AM PDT

Posted on Feb 17, 2012 7:01:24 AM PST
Hi, can you or anyone else tell me if this topper is resistant to body indentations? We bought a memory foam topper, and within a couple of weeks, it had permanent body indentations, which caused a very uncomfortable hump between my husband and I, and because of the body indentations, the topper was no longer comfortable? Please help us with any information as to whether this topper or another natural latex topper would not have this problem.
Cindy Litchke

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 10, 2012 7:14:56 AM PDT
Jan says:
I purchased a queen size and have been so happy I am ordering a twin size as well. There are no permanent inditations. As soon as you move or get up the memory foam goes back to original shape. Im very picky and this has been wonderful. There is a strong odor and we aired out our mattress pad outside a few days and it was completely gone. Your bed will be transformed with this topper. Its so Comfortable!!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 6, 2012 3:35:12 AM PDT
So is it memory foam or just foam? because memory foam leaves an indentation for a few seconds..slowly moving back to its original state... I have seen a lot of socalled memory foam products just turn out to be ordinary foam.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 28, 2012 9:37:51 AM PDT
jpeg says:
This is slow recovery memory foam. They key to the slow recovery feature is the ambient room temperature. The cooler the ambient room temperature (preferably below 70 degrees the slower the memory foam will recover. At warmer temperatures it will resemble regular foam. I do however know what you are talking about because I have seen some videos online of the so called memory foam with a fast recovery and they state that the foam remembers it's shape and returns to it. I myself prefer the slow recovery memory foam products like these sold on Amazon.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 18, 2013 12:44:17 PM PDT
I live in a cold climate and am concerned that this will be hard as a rock during winter months. Did you experience any problems with this during cold weather?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 18, 2013 12:45:17 PM PDT
That's a great idea (airing it outside). Makes sense! Thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 18, 2013 12:49:21 PM PDT
It does feel harder in the cold but not hard as a rock!... My only complaint is that my heels hurt when laying on my back... my heels dig into the foam and start to hurt as if im on the hard floor.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 21, 2013 12:00:41 PM PDT
a.k. says:
I have this problem on my pillowtop too, the backs of my heels get sore from having to rest so long in bed. I am considering a memory foam topper to help alleviate this issue. My fear is it will be too firm in a cold room, which is, of course, the best temp for inducing sleep. In the summer, memory foams tend to get too soft and intensify the heat which makes sleeping more difficult. It's always something....

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 22, 2013 9:37:29 AM PDT
TaserTot says:
My heels have put holes into this topper from laying on my back with my knees up reading in bed.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›