Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Stephen Kellogg All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Amethyst Jewelry Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now SnS

5.0 out of 5 stars These are all you need., May 10, 2009
I live in the Northeast corner of Iowa, where we generally see our first snowflake in October and the last in May. Due to the fact that we don't live near a huge body of water and that we have an abundance of very strong winds, the ground here is often covered with a layer of ice for several months on end. I am not exaggerating when I say that one year I saw a wind sock freeze in a horizontal position and that I've seen the winds break window glass and knock over heavy cast iron garden furniture.

Further, my husband is a family practice physician who works in the Emergency Room of one of our local hospitals. There are a number of severe injuries every winter caused by people falling on ice in our part of the United States.

I have never been very good at walking on ice - I grew up in Texas and even though I have spent 60% of my life living in Northern climates I have never quite adjusted to the balancing act required. Children love to watch me walk on ice without Stabilicers because to them it is terribly funny to see me creep about.

I've tried a few different types of ice cleats over the past few years and must say that these Stabilicers are the best. I am so convinced of their merit that I have not only bought them for every member of my family (including my 86 year old mother) but have also bought them as gifts. I've been known to take them off my feet and press them upon pregnant friends.

Stabilicers fit well, they grasp the ice firmly, and are easy to take on and off. My only warning is that you MUST take them off when you go inside. They can damage fine flooring and can be VERY slippery on linoleum, terrazo flooring, etc.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 6, 2011 12:47:07 PM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 26, 2011 6:36:15 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 26, 2011 6:37:52 PM PST
drfrancov says:

Posted on Jan 18, 2012 9:16:03 AM PST
Q. Hunt says:
I love these things too! Also, I especially enjoyed the part in your review where you said, "I've been known to take them off my feet and press them upon pregnant friends." :-)

Anyway - thanks for the review!

Posted on Jan 5, 2013 12:37:00 AM PST
salegirl says:
Does anyone know what size is what? I think it stinks that the advert doesn't show what a medium is in women's shoe size

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 10, 2014 6:45:24 PM PST
U.P. WannaBe says:
I wear a Women's 10. I bought the large and they fit very snug. On a tennis shoe it would have been perfect. On a now boot it's more snug.

Posted on Jan 15, 2014 9:16:29 AM PST
PrairieProf says:
I live in Northeast Iowa too, so I appreciate the review! And the warning about inside floors.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 1, 2014 9:23:41 AM PST
JR says:
Jeez Barbara, have a glass of wine and chill.

Posted on Nov 13, 2014 8:18:43 AM PST
Bugg says:
You mentioned that these were easy to take on and off. I have rheumatoid arthritis in my hands and am concerned that this will require a lot of strength with significant stretching to put these on. Can you help give me better idea of what to expect if I were to purchase these? Thank you for your time.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2014 7:10:01 PM PST
Bugg, if you have rheumatoid arthritis the way my Nana did, I don't think these will be good for you. They have to be really stretched with a good amount of strength to fit well.

I did hear of some boots which have cleats built-in which are manipulated with some sort of switch. I do hope you find something which will help you.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2014 9:01:54 PM PST
JR says:
Bugg, I bought the cleats with the strap across the top and went a size up. They are not difficult to get on and off and the strap keeps them secure. Hope that helps.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›