4.0 out of 5 stars Great Scent, not long lasting, May 30, 2011
This review is from: Paco Rabanne 1 Million By Paco Rabanne For Men Edt Spray, 3.4 Ounce (Health and Beauty)
I would have to say this is my favorite scent right now. A very close second is Ed Hardy Born Wild. I have been on a buying spree with colognes lately. One important thing I have noticed is that if you can find a gift set for the cologne you like, that the Gift set cost the same or slightly more than just the single bottle itself. I am all about getting the best deal, there are a number of things that you can do with the extras. You can gift the extras to friends or relatives. This makes perfect sense to me, especially if you would not normally spend $75 on a coworker's gift, but an giving an extra away is like giving a gift for free.

I looked the difference between cologne and EDT and found out some interesting stuff. To be honest I thought cologne was stronger than EDT and that is not correct. I know I have bottles of cologne that are 30 years old and are stronger than 1 million edt or at least last a lot longer. (Yes, they have evaporated slightly, but they used to last longer 30 years ago too) An example is Polo lasted all day on me and still does.

Here is part of an Article I found via google:

Eau De Cologne (EDC)

This is often referred to just as Cologne and has the greatest dilution of fragrances with a 3-5% concentration of perfume essence, lasting up to 2 hours.

For Men Eau De Toilette (EDT)

This has the greatest concentration of essence generally available for men and hence lasts the longest, up to 5 hours. It is often available in either a splash or a spray.

I think this is where body chemistry takes a part in this. My example of Polo lasting on me all day should not happen according to this article, but it does. My thought is that 1 million does not react the same to my heat or body chemistry as the other colognes (EDT) I wear. Just a theory. I heard all of the negatives about this scent is the lack of staying power. To be honest if it did not cost this much I would not have a problem with it either.

To me I feel if you like the scent I don't see the longevity of the scent being the show stopper. For me it lasts over 1/2 a day and that is what the above article suggests an EDT should last.

I bought my set from Sephora (linked through amazon) I see a few sellers that save you a few dollars over Amazon that are linked right here. Seriously people you really need to save $5 on a $75 bottle of Cologne and get it from an unknown seller? Look at the real negative reviews.....it's not hard to find one that says, watered down scent, bottle 1/2 full, bottle broken or they sent me a tester. Even if you get your money back you have to PAY for shipping back and all the hassle that comes with dealing with returning something that was not as advertised. Keep in mind if you get your money back from a linked seller you do not get shipping they charge to ship it to you back. I can take a purchase from Sephora online right back to JCpenny's and with Amazon THEY will pay for the return if the order is not right/damaged. Trust me I looked and looked and looked, I found no real deals on cologne that where not outright scams and hassles. If the deal sounds too good to be true then it probably is. Do yourself a favor and look for the gift set (I could only find at Sephora online) and pay the extra $3 and get a great deal.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 1, 2012 1:05:11 PM PDT
armando says:
good afternoon friends, I have several months to make a purchase which has been billing me and yet I have not received my order would appreciate me solve this problem. this is the order number 002-7832754-8341004.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 9, 2012 8:57:38 PM PDT
Wrong place to post my friend this is a review. Please contact the seller.

Posted on Jul 13, 2012 8:57:24 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 13, 2012 9:25:00 PM PDT
Earl says:
Actually, EDP is available for men and it's the most powerful. I've learned many "Intense" or "Extreme" versions are often EDPs--for instance Dior Pour Homme, Prada Amber Pour Homme, L'Instant. However, many times the EDP formula is different than the EDTs.

But I couldn't agree with you more about this review. In fact, I was almost ready to write something like it. I tried it the other day and loved the scent...but...it only lasted for two hours so I didn't buy it. I wish they would have a greater concentration, like an EDP version.

Like you I also have some old bottles of colonge. Some of them I didn't wear because they didn't last, some of them I forgot about. But all of the ones that didn't last then now have incredible stay power now, 10 years later. I think as they age, some of the alcohol evaporates and the scent concentrates...at least that's my belief. Knowing this, 1 Million would probably be an awesome colonge if you could find a bottle that sat on the shelf for a decade.

Off topic, but if you haven't done so and you like fragrances, check out Fragrantica's website. It's fun to see some of the notes in your favorite fragrances. Thanks for posting your review.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2012 8:21:17 PM PDT
Thanks for the additional insight and suggestion.

Very kind of you and helpful.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2012 11:41:53 PM PST
A to Z says:
Good review...I to thought for years that cologne was stronger than EDT...wasnt till maybe about a year ago i found out otherwise..One thing to keep in mind you have to check...sometimes the EDT will be different from the parfum version of the same scent...I have a sample version of this...Used it twice...So far my impressions...Opening is strong as heck...It then mellows a bit but still has plenty of kick in it...Almost cloying but not quite...Lasts about 5 hours on me...I have to run it by my GF and a few females to get final result...I like it but dont know if i like it enough to spend $58..Verdict is still out..

Posted on Aug 8, 2013 5:25:55 AM PDT
Myke Curry says:
Guys, you probably have a "fake".
Short vid:
Long vid:
&

Good luck, guys!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 26, 2014 11:01:06 PM PDT
I'm not watching the videos, mine where real. I only buy directly from Amazon and I have bought hundreds of dollars worth of Cologne and Perfume from Amazon and I have always gotten properly sealed boxes with normal strength product in it. A vast majority of the vendors here are selling fakes. I just got a Polo green original this week and it was 100% real.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›