1.0 out of 5 stars False Claim - RFID does not work, April 8, 2013
This review is from: Lewis N. Clark Rfid Waist Stash (Apparel)
I tested this out at work with a bunch of my co-workers watching the whole time, and I am sorry to report that this item did not work. Tried putting the card in different spots each time I tested it, and the card was read each and every time. I am really glad I tested it prior to actually using this item because it would of given me a false sense of security.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 15, 2013 11:04:09 AM PDT
Terri says:
How do you test the Rfid?? What do you use?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 15, 2013 4:03:26 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 15, 2013 4:03:42 PM PDT
I put my work ID which opens doors in the waist bag, and then I tried it on the door. The door opened. Tried every pocket on the bag, and still the door opens. My work ID was read every single time.

Posted on Apr 15, 2013 4:45:38 PM PDT

Posted on Apr 26, 2013 9:54:34 PM PDT
I tried the Reynolds wrap, and it WORKED!!! I wrapped by ID in Reynolds wrap, and it was NOT able to open the door. That is what I have decided to do with my passport.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 17, 2013 2:17:47 AM PDT
Anonymous says:
Did you actually make the duct tape wallet, or just basically wrap your credit cards in aluminum foil? This is superb! And so much more economical. THANK YOU FOR YOUR COMMENTS! Very helpful!

Posted on Jul 17, 2013 5:55:17 AM PDT

With the comments on this review page, I feel like I have won the RFID lottery. I was looking at all kinds of RFID bags, wallets, purses (I'm a safety girl.) Now, I will use aluminum! I feel at peace! Thank you!!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 15, 2013 6:57:33 PM PDT
No, I did not make the duct tape wallet. That was an over kill. I folded the Reynolds wrap and put it inside an envelope that was big enough for my passports. I taped all the edges so I had easy access to my passports. One layer of Reynolds wrap seemed to be enough. It was like an open envelope, and I used rubberbands to hold it together. This worked great for my trip since I was flying from city to city, and had to show my passport for every flight that I was boarding. Trip turned out great, and Reynolds wrap in the envelope worked great, too.

Posted on Oct 15, 2013 10:28:39 AM PDT
AllenT says:
Are you sure your work ID uses RFID, or one of the many older, proprietary technologies?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2013 9:36:30 AM PST
I would be surpirsed if work were using RFID and not some sort of magnetic read.

Posted on Apr 23, 2014 9:16:47 PM PDT
BCR says:
Of course aluminum foil works. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faraday_cage
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.1 out of 5 stars (178 customer reviews)

$15.99 $14.21