5.0 out of 5 stars What an excellent buy., January 9, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: PS3 320GB Uncharted 3 Bundle (Video Game)
I'm primarily an Xbox junkie - longtime Halo fan, I have two 360s for 4-player coop, have logged many an hour fragging on Live with my younger brother, have poured far too much money into XBLA games and addons - you get the picture.

I didn't conceive of myself getting a PS3 until the pricetag was at least sub-$200. But then, you see, a funny thing happened: my parents got a 3D TV. And I bought some stereoscopic 3D games for the 360. And I was totally blown away.

Before long, I'm looking for more 3D games like a junkie who needs to feed his habit. But shoot, I've bought all the S3D games for the 360, and... for a brief few weeks, I'm lost. In a daze. Not sure what to do with myself and the money I'm earning that I'd promised myself I'd save to finish the last year of my college education.

Except... one day, I find out the PS3 has become the PS3D. And there's a nice library of PS3D exclusives that are... well, 3D. Not just that, but I quickly find out that Shadow of the Colossus -- a game I have loved for many years and will continue to love for years more -- was recently re-released in glorious HD and stereoscopic 3D.

The rest of my life quickly unfolds before my eyes: I think of the girl I've loved all my life, the one I've been thinking of proposing to - and I forget her instantly in favor of this black chick I'm going to pick up on Amazon for $300. I wasn't even planning on shelling out another $50 for more head, but I saw the normal 320gb model went for $300, and this bundle had a free sterescopic 3D game thrown in for the same price. Hawt.

Fast forward to now. I have beaten Uncharted 3 and SotC in S3D. Both games are astounding. Amazing. Awesome. Ridiculous. Mind-blowingly immersive. No number of adjectives will do justice. (Aside: I cannot believe that none of my PS3-owning friends ever recommended the Uncharted series to me)

My finishing statement: words cannot begin to describe how fulfilling this purchase was for me. I mean, I don't think I've felt this warm and fuzzy since watching Azumanga Daioh. This purchase is a win.

I am happy :)