5 of 5 people found the following review helpful
Jamie Oliver At His Best Yet Again!,
This review is from: Jamie's America: Easy Twists on Great American Classics, and More (Hardcover)
Jamie's America by Jamie Oliver is a new cookbook by Jamie that focuses on all of the amazing dishes that America has been cooking for a long time. This cookbook gives some updates to favorites such as pizza, fried chicken, breakfast tortillas, and many more favorite recipes from people all over America.
Jamie's America is a cookbook that is written from someone who is not from America, but enjoys the food that it has given for culinary cuisine. This cookbook isn't just an ordinary "Southern" "Cajun" or whichever area in the USA cookbook. This is one that joined together some fun recipes that Jamie enjoyed while visiting New York, Louisiana, Arizona, Los Angeles, Georgia, and the Wild West.
Jamie's America is a big, colorful cookbook that has scrumptious recipes that make you wish they could be brought to life with some form of a magic wand. Unfortunately, that hasn't been developed yet, so you have to do it the old fashioned way and actually cook it.
Some of my favorite recipes included in this cookbook:
* New York: Waldorf Salad, NYC Cheesecake
* Louisiana: Down `N' Dirty Cajun Rice, Chicken Sausage & Shrimp Jambalaya
* Arizona: Rustic Tortilla Soup, Cinnamon Orchata
* Los Angeles: Beautiful Breakfast Tortillas, Chocolate Rocky Road
* Georgia: Red Pepper Summer Soup, Beer Butt Chicken
* Wild West: Awesome Wild Pancakes
Jamie's America is really a cookbook that gives a diverse group of recipes that may be new to you, and some may just be updates to some of the classics. Either way, it is a great book that can perhaps bring inspiration to your very own kitchen to start cooking some new favorites.
* Thank you to the publisher of Jamie's America, Hyperion, for providing me with a copy of this book for review. All opinions expressed are my own.