1.0 out of 5 stars DON'T buy new S3, major software problems, June 13, 2012
This review is from: Garmin Approach S3 GPS Golf Watch (Black) (Electronics)
Just got my new Garmin S3, but there is a major problem with this latest version of the Approach. The website is not user friendly and it took forever to get it registered. And then when I went to the "dashboard" to make sure I had latest maps and software for the device, I got a warning. The warning in red says, "Mandatory Software Update: We have discovered a software issue that may cause your device to repeatedly attempt to update GPS firmware and either shutdown or no longer acquire GPS satellite signals."

To get the update I clicked on "Update Now" and that takes you to a page that does NOT exist. Of course trying to call Garmin about this is impossible. I did send an email but was warned it may take several days for a response.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 13, 2012 9:04:31 PM PDT
Tommy T says:
Thats not good!

Posted on Jun 14, 2012 2:12:00 AM PDT
Steve Branch says:
plug-in your USB interface and go to Garmin and download the software update.
Only took about 5 min. no problem.

Posted on Jun 14, 2012 1:30:35 PM PDT
P. TAN says:
I don't think it is just the S3. I had same problems updating my G5. After several re-tries it finally worked. I then bought the G6 just weeks ago that seems to work.

Posted on Aug 24, 2012 10:23:07 AM PDT
J. Merrill says:
garmin customer service is immediate and you talk to english speaking rep's that will take care of your problem or find the answer and get back to you...... i think this gentlemen's comments are completely unfounded.

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 10:01:48 AM PST
I just got a garmin nuvi 3400 series GPS. I have charged it and when I turn it on all of the instructions are in another language. I can find nothing in the quick guide that tells me how to get it to english.

When I try to register it on my I-mac the download appears to happen but it keeps bringing me back to the screen telling me the I need to plug it in so it can be detected.

Now I read that the nuvi 30,40 and 50 series do not work on a mac?

Any help would be appreciated

Frecd

In reply to an earlier post on May 26, 2013 5:18:16 AM PDT
Val B says:
This comment is about the wrong product.

Posted on Dec 5, 2013 11:19:48 PM PST
Brian Morin says:
I was going to buy Thanks I will stay away.

Posted on Mar 22, 2015 9:09:57 PM PDT
what to do when garmin adds total yardage together for every hole?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.0 out of 5 stars (209 customer reviews)

$249.99