5.0 out of 5 stars The Coolest Movie I have Ever Seen., May 30, 2003
YOU MUST SEE THIS MOVIE.
There. Now that I've said that, I should tell you that this is NOT solely a childrens' movie, but will be enjoyed as much (if not more) by adults. The cleverness of Pixar will never cease to amaze me. Only they could take a concept like a full-length movie about fish and make it totally believable. This film succeeds n being very, very funny. Heck, I'm 16 and saw it in the theater with only my mother. The two of us were laughing hysterically throughout the entire thing!
There's alot of sadness and emotion in this movie and some absolutely terrific voice acting--the voice cast is top-notch. There are some touching moments and subtle messages to be heard by all, not just kids. I look forward with anticipation to the DVD release of this wonderful movie. The suspense never lets up; encounters with jellyfish, a whale, and a deep-sea lanturn fish make every moment exciting.
As we know, every Disney/Pixar film is associated with its own special "short." Well, this one is the best yet, and the short film sets you up for the great feelings you'll have while seeing "Finding Nemo." I won't give away the storyline, but it involves a cute snowman, a water globe, and some tropical souvenirs that completely ready one for the overwhelming tropical-ness of the feature film.
One thing I can't get over is how true-to-life these characters are. The attention to finding a unique species for each fish is incredible and adds a whole new, educational, dimension to the movie. There are some memorable characters in "Finding Nemo." First and foremost is Marlin, the lovable clownfish who is an overprotective father to his adventurous son, Nemo. Then there's Dory, the regal blue tang with the memory problem. She provides much of the comic relief but is also an immensely "real" character. Bruce is a mako shark who wants to get rid of the typical image of sharks as mindless eating machines. Crush is a 150-year-old sea turtle with a cool-surfer-dude attitude. Nigel is a helpful pelican. The whole thing takes place in the Great Barrier Reef off the coast of Australia.
And then there are the aquarium fish, who invite Nemo into their 'club' when he gets scooped from the sea. He goes through the initiation ceremony at Mt. Wannahockaloogee, complete with tiki statues and all. The animation is awesome. Their group includes Peach, the lookout starfish; Deb, a delusional fish who thinks her reflection is her sister; a French shrimp, a puffer fish, a yellow tang, and a royal gramma. They are led by Gill, a moorish idol who longs to return to the ocean.
This film is excellent; it deserves a sequel...
Overall this is one film that nobody should miss--parents, kids, or otherwise. I hope this review has convinced you to go get yourself a ticket to "Finding Nemo."

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 20, 2007 11:19:01 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 20, 2007 11:19:39 AM PST
F. Halaweh says:
I wouldn't agree more !
I really like Finding Nemo , And have watched it with my Family , Friends , Coworkers many times and they all loved it .
I've always appreciated the genius minds behind the talented mind blowing animation films of Pixar .
Imagine Finding Nemo 2 , Where Dory travels to japan and almost gets eaten while Nemo comes to rescue her with his children !
Seriously! I would totally love to watch that ..
Anyway an Excellent review !
Thanks

Posted on Jun 23, 2008 9:54:56 PM PDT
For a sixteen year old, you wrote an impressive review. You just may have a career as a writer some day.

Posted on Jun 5, 2012 1:15:53 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 5, 2012 1:16:54 AM PDT
rileybug says:
Wow! I couldn't agree more with W. Abdelgawad. I know this was a few years back, but I hope you're doing something that involves writing. Awesome review. I absolutely love Finding Nemo and I'm 43. I am so bummed that there is not a sequel. Thanks for the review. I really enjoyed reading it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2012 7:47:27 PM PDT
I totally agree! Since you are 25 now, what did you end up doing with yourself?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›