Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now Learn more

5.0 out of 5 stars Too Greedy, November 12, 2012
This review is from: Merry Christmas, Alex Cross (Kindle Edition)
I'm giving the story a five star rating but certainly not the price. According to my ipad's kindle app, it said the book was 338 pages. However, the chapters are shorter than ever (& what's up with that anyway), so it truly is not 338 pages. The kindle edition is only $2 cheaper than the $14.99 hardcover edition....so, since the "publishers" set the price, does that mean it only actually costs them $2 to print a book? This is digital content & should definitely not cost more than $10. The story is typically great & fast-paced & since I had pre-ordered, I've already finished reading it and feel like my $14.99 flew out the window. I'm done with these outrageous prices.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 5 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 19 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 12, 2012 1:48:14 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 12, 2012 1:50:16 AM PST
Alegeia says:
I agree with L.Romano. Very disgusted with the increased prices of Kindle books......not worth it.
I am going back to the hardcover books......and will not recommend Kindle any longer.
I might add the James Patterson books that are co-authored are a waste of time reading....in my
opinion, the books are not true Patterson writing. The co-authored books are not Patterson's style.
This is what I find greedy...using James Patterson's name to insure a hit and a best seller. All gotten out of hand !!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 6:25:35 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 15, 2012 6:29:01 PM PST
Doreen says:
I have left Mr. Patterson's books behind since he started co-authoring. I used to look forward to his books, especially Alex Cross. But no more. I've broken the Patterson habit. Greedy greedy.

Also, my library system has hooked up with Amazon, so I now reserve the books I want and then when they are in, I send them to my Kindle...for free! Just read the lastest Grisham novel..free.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 7, 2013 8:51:55 AM PST
Norton says:
Thanks, you saved me some money. I was considering a Kindle but I'm seeing a lot of unhappy user's . I'll stick to my hardcover books.

Posted on Feb 17, 2013 7:38:54 AM PST
I absolutely agree with you!! I've felt this way ever since they went from $9.99 to the $14.99!!! It really is awful, they are losing revenue by doing this!!! Those publishers are too greedy especially in our hard economic times that we are ALL going through!!!

Posted on Apr 10, 2013 6:21:10 AM PDT
Kim Cleave says:
I agree, I often see that many kindle books are MORE expensive than hard cover!!!!! How is that possible? Think I'll go back to the library, hard covers and use kindle only when travelling.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 10, 2013 7:25:07 AM PDT
Doreen says:
My library system now lets you borrow from the library and put on your Kindle. I do that all the time now.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 10, 2013 7:45:42 AM PDT
Norton says:
The publishers must really hate me. All of my books are read free of charge . I'm one of the few people with a library card. I'm kinda old fashion but I prefer a book over a computer screen. I don't know if a kindle is any different than a computer screen. I heard it was easier on the eyes.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 10, 2013 7:22:28 PM PDT
Kim Cleave says:
Yes, Kindle is best for reading, it is a dedicated book reader, great for travel, but at home I think I'll just keep using library, due to Amazon being greedy and charging MORE for some kindle downloads than hard copies!! When travelling though, saves alot of space in suitcase and also great in countries where english books not available.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 10, 2013 7:23:58 PM PDT
Kim Cleave says:
How do you do that? I think I need to look into it..

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 10, 2013 7:33:19 PM PDT
Doreen says:
With my library, you need a library card and a passcode. Call your library and ask how to get a passcode. I find it great to get my books for free from the library and I love it! Good luck.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›