3,415 of 3,492 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Best single-serve coffee maker out there, November 15, 2005
This review is from: Keurig B60 Special Edition Brewing System (Kitchen)
If you're reading this review, you're most likely doing research and trying to decide between the Keurig line (B40,B50,B60), the Tassimo, or the Senseo. Out of those three, the Keurig is the best looking, the most durable, has the best heating and pumping mechanism, and has the largest variety of coffees and teas available. The Tassimo's versatility is tempting, but variety of coffees is lacking, the machine is a first-run model that does not feel as quality as the Keurig (I could barely find a piece of metal in the entire thing), and it cannot be set to warm itself up like the Keurig. The Senseo isn't bad and I may even consider getting it as a second machine, but it is kind of lame how you need two pods to brew an 8 oz cup of coffee. Considering the price of pods that I was looking at, it would outprice both the Keurig and the Tassimo for daily usage.

Between the Keurig models (B40,B50,B60), I spent a lot of time trying to decide and eventually went with the B60, mainly because the B60 is the only model that brews 3 different sizes of coffee--5.25, 7.25, and 9.25oz. The B50, a favorite amongst shoppers, does not offer the 9.25oz size. This large size allows my Oxo travel mug to almost completely fill after using one Extra Bold K-cup. As an added benefit of the B60, you get beautiful blue LEDs behind the display and the water tank, as well as a polished chrome handle and polished chrome outer-ring to the display. It looks very modern and very classy in my otherwise boring kitchen. Highly recommended.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 13 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 56 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 23, 2006 8:49:25 PM PDT
Excellent review! The three machines you compared are exactly the ones I am considering and your critique covers the points I am interested in. Obviously, a coffee connoisseur like myself. Thank you!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 10, 2006 6:42:27 AM PDT
T. Miller says:
My first experience with this type of coffeemaker -- I bought the B60. I am surprised that the 7.25 size is weak. Now I'm only making the 5 1/4 size cups and those are small. I'd think the 9 1/4 size would be really weak,

Posted on Feb 26, 2007 5:19:50 PM PST
coffee girl says:
Thanks for the compare - I'm comparing this to the Tossimo 1400 (which is actually running a little cheaper with their rebate) but I know of 4 people with the Keurig that all love it.

Posted on Jul 12, 2007 3:23:48 PM PDT
Do you think it makes a weak cup of coffee?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 10, 2007 5:40:18 PM PDT
NYKaren says:
It depends on which coffee you choose. Most of the GM are weaker, but Timothy's Midnight Magic is robust and satisfying (check out the review of the various coffees). I can make a sm. and med. coffee using one pod of Midnight Magic and it's quite excellent!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 26, 2007 7:23:01 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 5, 2007 7:39:49 AM PST
Kathy Grace says:
The "extra bold" K-cups give a stronger flavor. I'd definitely give them a try if you want to use the larger "drop." My husband is used to Starbuck's "redeyes" (drip + one espresso shot), and he's liking the Emeril's Big Easy and the Van Houtte Eclipse Extra-Bold. By the way, Keurig's lines have been updated since the original review... now even the B40, which Amazon sometimes puts in the Friday Sale for as little as seventy bux, has two drop sizes (7.25 and 9.25 oz).

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2007 5:59:18 PM PST
L. Sofarelli says:
I definitely do not think this machine makes weak coffee...all you have to do is buy a different blend and roast. We drink Timothy's coffee, Private Blend, Kona and Italian blends as well. All medium roasts and brew a full 9.25 cup. Perfect cup each time and the coffee is HOT. I like the K-cup idea for the freshness vs. the pods. The plastic cups can be recycled as well....well, at least I think they are because I put them in my recycle bin. :-)

Posted on Dec 9, 2007 5:47:23 AM PST
John says:
Your statement is not correct. The B50 does not do the 5.25 size. The B50 does the 7.25 and 9.25 size.

Posted on Apr 9, 2008 10:12:43 AM PDT
I RECEIVED THE KEURIG B60 FOR A CHRISTMAS GIFT. I ORIGINALLY WANTED THE TASSIMO BECAUSE OF THE CAPPUCCINO. I HOPE THAT KEURIG STARTS MAKING CAPPUCCINO WITH THE MILK K-CUPS FOR THE B60. I LIKE THE B60 IT IS MADE REALLY WELL. AND I ENJOY THE COFFEE THAT IT MAKES.

Posted on May 16, 2008 8:47:15 AM PDT
If you use the "my K cup", can you make a travel size coffee?
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next ›

Review Details

Item

3.8 out of 5 stars (2,258 customer reviews)
 (1,253)