Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

5.0 out of 5 stars My new favorite cookbook, October 24, 2003
This review is from: 15 Minute Low-Carb Recipes: Instant Recipes for Dinners, Desserts, and More! (Paperback)
So far we have tried 6 of the recipes from the new 15 Minute Low-Carb Recipe Cookbook and I have 3 more to try this week -- and as all of them have been "keepers" so far, I know that the others will be also.
It is great to have quick and easy recipes that have fantastic flavor that the whole family can enjoy. And having almost all of the ingredients in my pantry or freezer already is a real bonus.
This is my third book of Dana's and I know I will be buying any new one she comes out with as well.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 3, 2011 8:54:03 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 3, 2011 9:00:20 AM PDT
hazel says:
Rho: On a low-carb forum I found the post appended below. A couple of low-carbers in New York got in touch with Atkins Nutritionals; one received a list of NYC docs, another seconded getting in touch with Atkins Nutritionals, found a physician but didn't give the name or say if it was via Atkins Nutritionals.

You don't need anyone's permission to simply begin. I did while reading PROTEIN POWER LIFEPLAN; have lost 40#. This morning I'm reading Dana Carpender's HOW I GAVE UPMY LOW-FAT DIET AND LOST 40 PUNDS...AND HOW YOU CAN TOO!!
If you are interested in lots of details about the biochemistry of low-carb and the problems related to high carb, read PROTEIN POWER LIFEPLAN by Drs. Eades. They are fantastic and their information is terrific, but detailed.
If you want a book that doesn't go into all the biochemical details (though Carpender is up on her science) but gets right to the point, select Carpender's book. Maybe read PROTEIN POWER LIFEPLAN later if you're "into" reading self-health-care books.

Give yourself permission to take care of yourself.
I've been very ill, now am well since I took charge of my problems.
My former doctor would have killed me if I had allowed her to impose her misguided and ill-informed ideas on me. She was very rude about my progress on the low-carb diet, asked questions that confirmed to me she didn't know what she was talking about. Full M.D., not a quack, but bull-headed.
Instead I found a better-informed M.D. who is supportive, encouraging, and doesn't push pills instead of common sense.
Perhaps check on two names below, from google search using google search string: "holistic MDs in New York city" (include the quotes so you'll get citations that match your needs)
New York Association of Naturopathic Physicians, web address is nyap.org (http: in front -- no links allowed in comments at amazon)
New York's Integrative and Holistic Medical Center, web address is patientsmedical.com/physicians/default.aspx (http:www. in front)
Best of luck, but don't wait to start.
hazeleyes

from low-carb chat room:
LoriLoCarb
Tue, Jun-08-04, 00:47
HI JuliYaYa ~
Your post caught my eye because it was my Dr. that actually recommended Atkins, allbeit here in TX which does not help you much. I looked all over the Atkins website hoping to find a list of Drs. for you without luck :(. I wasn't sure what contacts you had tried for Atkins, but they did have a "contact us" e-mail form and the contact information below:
Atkins Nutritionals, Inc.
2002 Orville Dr. North, Suite A
Ronkonkoma, NY 11779-7661
(631) 738-7370
(800) 2-ATKINS toll free
Hope it helps and you are able to find an Atkins-friends medical professional!!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›