2.0 out of 5 stars A bit uncomfortable but it gets the job done, August 2, 2010
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: PS3 Ear Force PX21 Gaming Headset (Accessory)
Let me start off by saying that the PX21s have decent sound quality. Better than the TV. The build of the headset is feels pretty cheap overall. Does it feel heavy on your head? After an hour or two you will start to feel the headset clamping down on your head (mostly your ears) and you'll want to take it off. The control module (where you control the chat volume/game volume/bass/etc.) has a clip, and that pretty much snaps if you drop it, cheap. They say you won't disturb anyone while wearing these; that's only half correct. Sometimes I just use the headset for game sound instead of the TV. When you turn up the volume on the headset, others will hear it. I doesn't isolate the sound very well, even when I am wearing it. If I knew it was going to be like this I wouldn't have bought it in the first place. I think $80 dollars is a bit overpriced for the weekend gamer. Now, the sound quality? It's decent, like I said, better than the TV. If your playing a shooter game you'll be able to hear somebody sneaking up on you. The microphone boom feels very plasticy. The sound quality of the mic is once again, decent. Now let's get to the pros and cons.

Pros
- Decent sound quality
- Decent microphone quality
- Good bass... BOOM
- Appealing design
- You won't disturb anyone while your playing.. unless you have the volume of the headset turn all the way up
- Pretty easy to set up (less than 10 minutes)
- Long cords, 20 ft. +

Cons
- Ears hurt after about an hour (Feels like headset is clamping down on you)
- Overall quality feels cheap
- Microphone boom feels cheap
- Sound control module clip breaks easy

[UPDATE 2/14/11]
The left (L) side now has no sound, this is due to bad wiring. I know this because If I bend the cables a certain way, the sound comes back and it I release it, the sound goes away. These headphones have made me better, but not by much anymore, considering that I can only hear from my right ear. I mostly use it for in-game chatting now.

I wonder if this product comes with a 1-year warranty or something... I would really like that.

************************************************************************

I hope you found my review helpful. I have been using these for a few months now. Well actually, to tell you the truth, I rarely use them now. When I first bought these I used it every day and now when I wear them, it just bothers me.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 28, 2011 4:15:24 PM PST
turtle beach px21 does come with a warranty, call turtle beach right now, you have a defective headset.

Posted on Apr 8, 2011 8:37:45 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 8, 2011 8:39:06 AM PDT
Lucky1265 says:
I feel your pain. You get a year from purchase but you have to ship it out, and I believe you have to reap the costs. The headsets were great when I first got them but the wiring and sound breakup is killing me. I should've waited for the PX5's, which I may end up getting. I'm just on the fence about giving TB more of my money or not. Astro may be the better alternative.

Posted on Jul 29, 2011 3:43:07 PM PDT
C. Sandford says:
Wires are very cheap. My son - who was very excited to get the headset and was CAREFUL with the wires - apparently had a wire break on him the 2nd day of use. Tried to go to Radio Shack to replace the wire and to avoid shipping it back to Amazon but they didn't have anything that small (1/32" jacks). They offered to sell me two 1/16 to 1/32" adapters but then that would have been something like 20 bucks more so - forget it. I shipped it back for a refund - shipping was free but still waiting for the refund.

Posted on Aug 21, 2011 5:30:07 PM PDT
SlevinCCX says:
Ive lost sound on both sides. very cheap.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 13, 2012 7:35:05 PM PST
C.E. says:
I no longer play many games due to my schedule but yes, I have found that the PX21 headset has terrible build quality. There was a lot of hype about it when I first discovered it and my brother and I quickly shelled out the cash for it and was excited. However, a few months down the road problems started to occur. With normal use, these headphones will fall apart on you. These days I just use a pair of earbuds, simple and it works. These are outdated if anyone else is reading this, please look for newer headphones! Thanks!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

3.5 out of 5 stars (811 customer reviews)

$59.99 $55.00