5.0 out of 5 stars 90 Minutes in Heaven, January 20, 2006
This review is from: 90 Minutes in Heaven: A True Story of Death and Life (Paperback)
I never buy these kinds of books. I have always viewed them as a type of preying on believers or , at best, a sleazy attempt to cash in on faith. This book was different. I read the title and synopsis and passed over it many times but something kept drawing me back to this book. I didn't know why at the time, but I had to buy this book.

I loved it from the very first page. It has a ring of truth. Most of the book is about what happened to Mr. Piper after his experience in heaven and during his long, painful recovery. I bought many copies and gave them to family and friends, urging them to read it as I believe it has the power to transform lives.

About a month after I 1st read this book my son was killed in Iraq. I now know that God was preparing me for what was to come and not be afraid but be joyful that my son is with Him in an indescribly beautiful place, in His presence. I have a peace of mind I NEVER would have known if I had not read this book. I will be forever grateful for this.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 17 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 26, 2008 11:17:07 AM PDT
P. Wiggins says:
I'm glad it gave you some peace and healing concerning your son. I also lost my 16 year old son a few years ago so I understand what you're saying for sure. My condolences on the loss of your precious son~
Paula

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 25, 2010 7:38:10 AM PDT
My condolences for the loss of your son. He is a true hero who we can never repay for his sacrifices other than thanking him when we see him in the eternal life.

Posted on Jan 15, 2011 11:53:42 AM PST
rox says:
I am so sorry for the loss of your precious son. God Bless you.

Posted on Feb 8, 2011 8:12:54 PM PST
Peace and blessings to you, the time of loss will one day be just a blink of an eye.

Posted on Feb 22, 2011 4:50:31 PM PST
My heart goes out to you. I heard my Mom's best friend relate what happened to her one night when she died and then returned. I was 12 yrs old, now 59, and will never forget what she told Mom and the look of beauty and wonder on her face as she spoke of her incredible journey. This happened in the days when no one spoke of such things. It is basically the same story that more and more are coming forth with of their accounts. Your Son is in a beautiful and miraclous place tho I know u miss him. But in a twinkling of an eye you will be together again. I know he would not want you to mourn for him to the point you lose your own life. You should try Betty Eadie's Embraced by the Light.

Posted on Mar 26, 2011 7:34:02 PM PDT
JustMe says:
Thank you for sharing your poignant story. May God bless you and comfort you during undoubted difficult times. Your son's heroism is proof that we live in "the land of the free" BECAUSE of the brave.

Posted on Jun 6, 2011 8:23:17 PM PDT
J. Porter says:
I'm so very sorry for your loss. I can't even imagine what you have gone through. I believe death is a bridge to another place, but it's still terribly hard for those of us who are suffering the loss. Best wishes.

Posted on Jun 27, 2011 9:40:48 PM PDT
cheryl p says:
i lost my husbnd to cancer in dec of 2010. this book and others help me. i know he is not alone and in a very special place. god bless you

Posted on Sep 3, 2011 1:55:03 PM PDT
Words cannot express the feelings of debt and gratitude we all have for a family torn by such a tremendous loss - a loved one taken away in the service of our country - to protect our freedom and way of life. And I too believe you were meant to read this book - it was meant to be written for you - and the minister - well I believe all of our lives are woven by Him. God Bless.

Posted on Sep 28, 2011 9:34:24 PM PDT
Donna says:
So sorry for your loss and I so appreciate all of the men and women who are fighting for our freedom and those who have given the ultimate sacrifice. What an amazing example of our Lord's perfect timing.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.0 out of 5 stars (1,645 customer reviews)

$13.99 $9.95