ARRAY(0x974cdb40)

1,314 of 1,332 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars A Home Phone That I Actually Wanted!, May 16, 2011
This review is from: Panasonic KX-TG7643M dect 6.0 Link-to-Cell Bluetooth Cordless Phone with 3-Handsets (Office Product)
In today's world, the home phone has become increasing unnecessary. I had to get a home phone to aide for the security system, so when I researched some cordless phones, I came across this Panasonic device. I don't care much for a home phone as I have lived without one for several years, but this allows a home phone back in my life.

Link-to-cell is incredible. This feature allows me to answer and make calls using my cell phone. I don't have to search around the house for the cell...just keep it in the same place. Pairing was extremely simple, but you will need to read the instructions to navigate the hidden settings menu and whatnot(this is just a one time thing). I literally walked in the house and it paired automatically in about 30 seconds. The memory holds 3034 contacts. Is that too much? Maybe..but during setup, I just let my phone (Droid Incredible) bluetooth all my 400 contacts over...Again, real simple.

Already lost power-
Phone works great. The base receives power from the charged unit and powers the reception to the other handsets as well. The older panasonic models do not have this feature...

Ringtones-
All the tones and melodies are terrible, but when your cell rings, it can mimic the ringtone which is good. I'm just surprised the technology of ringtones hasn't hit the home phone yet???

Headset-
The fiancee uses a headset, and the manual headset does work with this model. The box claims bt headsets work as well (havent tried it).

Multiple lines-
I can make a call using my cellphone line, and make a call using the landline as well at the same time. So you won't be disrupted if someone clicks in.

The speaker quality and phone reception were fine, in my wi-fi/wireless surround sound/million wireless devices condo.

My review above is geared to what I was interested in this phone. If I missed anything..or you have a question, I would be more than happy to test and find the answer for you.

I am happy with this purchase, and will update this review with features/cool things as I encounter them:)

****UPDATE*** 26Jan2012
So I've had this handset system for several months now and I've learned a couple of things to pass on here..

Additional pros-
I have comcast for phone service, and you can program your voicemail settings into the phone for easy access if you prefer that service to the built in answering service.

Speaker phone works well, even on the lowest setting it's fairly loud.

Call block is easy to use. Go to caller id and press save number. It prompts to address book or call block. Done. What it will do in the future- ring once and then silence.

Base unit- I haven't been downstairs to adjust the base unit since I set it up. All the handsets play voicemail, so the one thing you can do on the base and not the units- set up bluetooth. So I definitely dig this ecosystem.

Cons-
The intercom feature isn't a normal intercom feature. It should be called a page feature. You have to go into the menu and dail a handset. The handset rings for that user to pick up...so it's definitely not a true intercom at all.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 24 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 140 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 17, 2011 4:43:42 PM PDT
G. Taylor says:
I bought a Motorola headset to try and pair specifically with this phone (best cordless Pana has come up with in years) and it paired and works perfectly: You can use a BT headset on the landline or paired cell with this phone. Amazing.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 29, 2011 1:00:14 AM PDT
Please, can you tell me AC Adapter specification?
It is something like: 120V 6V 500mA, written on AC Adapter.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 30, 2011 7:34:28 AM PDT

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 30, 2011 8:35:54 AM PDT
Thank you.

Posted on Aug 28, 2011 9:29:26 PM PDT
E. Sobota says:
Could you tell me, does this phone have intercom capabilities?

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 29, 2011 6:45:35 PM PDT
Yes. You can name each headset and page each of them and the base station. It's not like a traditional "intercom" where it automatically acts as a speaker to talk thru...It rings, like an internal phone call.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 29, 2011 8:26:18 PM PDT
E. Sobota says:
Thanks so much.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 11, 2011 10:15:10 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 11, 2011 10:16:04 AM PDT
Kin says:
Great post! Don't know if you are still around here, but I have just one question. What happens when you are on the phone talking (on line 1) and a call is coming through from line 2. Would there be a beep or some sort letting you know? Or whomever is calling from line 2 will go straight to V.O.?

Thanks!

Posted on Nov 20, 2011 4:52:03 PM PST
R. Brook says:
My issue is incoming call screening. Can you screen calls (listen to the caller leaving a message) without having to listen to your own outgoing message first each time? The last time I shopped for cordless with built in answering machines, I couldn't find this feature. On some brands/models, the entire outgoing message would play through even on a hangup.
Thanks.