4.0 out of 5 stars Wonderfully functional, August 6, 2007
I too bought this as a silent alarm, but I am enjoying the additional features (such as moon phase). This watch is an embarrassment of riches: I can't believe there are five alarms, back lighting, timers, water resistance, and all the hunting and fishing settings for such a little price! I've previously paid twice as much for a Timex Indiglo that did less. I wish I'd had this watch when I was in the army.

I would give this watch five stars if the settings were more intuitive. I had to sit with the instruction booklet to program it to my location; I also needed the instructions to set the alarms. Neither task was too hard, but usually I can figure such things out on my own. This watch isn't that simple.

By the way, this watch is too big for my wrist both in dial-size and strap length (I'm a 5'10" woman), and it's extremely homely. However, I don't think that should be held against a men's hunting/fishing watch. All in all, this watch is very pleasing.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 14, 2010 11:20:16 AM PST
Frank says:
"Extremely homely"! Hilarious. Thanks for saying this because I wondered how it could work as an everyday watch. Probably not unless I hunt for a living.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2010 11:27:54 AM PST
E. Kelch says:
Maybe if you hid it under your sleeve. The band is camo and brown leather, and the dial is large, multi-colored, and covered with buttons (one of which is orange). Not exactly a Rolex!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2010 8:41:34 AM PST
Frank says:
Thanks very much for the added description. I can't exactly wear this and have it slide out from my under my shirt sleeve when meeting clients. I really appreciate your comments on this product.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›