3.0 out of 5 stars Be a Dividend Millionaire, March 16, 2011
This review is from: Be a Dividend Millionaire: A Proven, Low-Risk Approach That Will Generate Income for the Long Term (Kindle Edition)
This is a well written and easy to read book - I finished it in one night. It conveys convincingly the advantages of investing in dividend stocks. Not a new idea, but Paul goes a step further by explaining the methodology used in his site (Dividend.com), to select such stocks. It also includes an engaging chapter on his life as a day trader. People in the trade will relate well to it.

Unfortunately, the book falls short on a critical aspect. It does not provide a methodology for building a portfolio. For example, if Clara has $100,000 and wants to star building a dividend driven portfolio, what are the steps she has to take? Yes, there are different lists of selected stocks in the site based on risk tolerance and yield levels - the ingredients - but the mixing instructions are nowhere to be found. A missed opportunity that should be addressed in future editions.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 17, 2011 1:58:10 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 19, 2011 1:58:11 PM PDT
Hi, Thanks for reading my book! I thought I gave the dividend selection process a simple approach, but sorry it wasn't enough for your liking. Here is a link to a free video we did on Dividend.com to further get into building a dividend portfolio - http://www.dividend.com/blog/?p=27083. Please check it out and thanks so much for ordering and reading my book!

Thanks again,
Paul Rubillo
Dividend.com

Posted on Mar 18, 2011 5:00:37 AM PDT
ChrisT says:
Thank you Phaedrus for your informative review. Based on the author's comments it seems then, that this book is basically written as a marketing tool to gain subscribers to a newsletter? Thanks, but I'll pass.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 19, 2011 2:03:08 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 19, 2011 2:07:26 PM PDT
Hi, actually our newsletter is free and we have nearly 18K readers that get it each day. The book is a great read, and I am super proud of it. I hope you change your mind and give it a read. Suze Orman is a big fan of our site and she mentioned us (she uses our Dividend.com premium service) in her new book, "The Money Class", as well as a blurb about myself. Feel free to shoot me an e-mail if you have any specific questions on investing by going to the contact us section of our Dividend.com site.

Best,
Paul

Posted on Apr 6, 2011 10:57:22 PM PDT
JDG says:
If Clara has $100k what she needs to do is divide her funds - 20 stocks at $5k invested in each. Or, 40 stocks at $1250 +/- each. Or a combo of the two.

She could also have smaller positions of $1200-$1400 or so in lieu of a $5k position(s) for example.

Next she needs to check the sectors she feels comfortable investing in and make her choice of stocks in that sector.

This is where Dividend.com is helpful - the list of dividend stocks in each sector is already made for the investor.

As a woman, I think Clara would be relieved!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 25, 2011 5:29:59 AM PDT
H. Scott says:
I have been 'subscribing' to the free dividend.com newsletter since Suze originally mentioned it on her show. I have learned nothing about dividend stock investing or about particular dividend stocks. I have learned that I can/should/must/need to buy a premium membership (currently $149/year but often offered at a discount). The 'free' subscription is nothing more than a constant reminder to buy a 'premium' membership.
This Rubillo fellow is putting all of his energy into marketing and image (ie, see his comments above - posted and then edited; seriously?)
Are Rubillo's products (book/premium membership/etc) worth all of his hype and hyper visibility? I don't know. I do know he's trying too hard.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›