Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CaseLangVeirs Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

1.0 out of 5 stars SIZE change! BEWARE!! SMALLER in Length and Width, March 16, 2011
How disappointing!! I guess some other company has been contracted to make these now!! They are made of a different material than the old Tevas, of a much cheaper quality I am sorry to report. Not what I expected from Teva!!!! The size is tremedously different. I have always worn an 8 in Teva women's the 8's I received were like a narrow 7 and 1/2. I am not sure I could wear an 8 and 1/2 because they are less wide now. I put the bottoms of my older tevas up to the new ones, I just knew they had sent the wrong size. NO!! Great if your feet are narrow I guess. I wear a B width. What a bummer!!!!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 22, 2011 12:27:09 PM PDT
S. Adams says:
I agree completely! The sizing is completely off. I just had to return a pair...I was so confused as to why they are different but I held my old one up to the new (ordered same size) and the new one is 1/2 an inch shorter and more narrow. :( I guess I'll order a 1/2 size up and get wide?!

Posted on May 28, 2011 1:23:54 PM PDT
Thanks for the warning.....these were always my favorites and I usually order a couple of pairs each summer. I would have been really disappointed! Bummer, indeed.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 11, 2011 12:36:37 PM PDT
KW says:
I second everything about this! I returned the pair I ordered, too. And seeing everyone else's comments, I don't know if I even want to order the size larger. Bring back the old style!!

Posted on May 5, 2012 1:06:54 PM PDT
Booklover says:
You are absolutely correct. I can no longer wear the sevens that I have worn for years (most of which my dog ate before they wore out).

In reply to an earlier post on May 8, 2012 7:42:39 AM PDT
I love Teva flip flops and did what I rarely do--I ordered 3 more pair without reading the reviews because I've worn them for years and loved the. I hate my new Teva II's--indeed they are narrow, no longer fit me at all!!! The front comes out far from the toes and looks horrible. Now the back is too short and the whole thing is too narrow. These were the only flip flops I could wear with comfort all day--What a stupid company, taking a fantastic product and ruining it.

In reply to an earlier post on May 8, 2012 8:43:55 AM PDT
Booklover says:
They have the original Teva Mush available now directly from Teva. I, too, found that they changed the sizing on these and ruined them. I have ordered the "originals" and will post whether they are, indeed, the same as they used to be.

Keen shoes also underwent resizing last year -- with the same result that they were smaller. Kind of like the "pound" of coffee that is now 14 oz., or the half gallon of ice cream that is 28 oz.

I think this is a deliberate way to cut the materials that go into the product. And a way to jack up short term profits as people fail to return their purchase and then buy another pair to try to find the right size.

I guess pissing people off is priceless.

Posted on May 12, 2012 9:48:59 AM PDT
Booklover says:
Update to my earlier comment: Yes, the "original" version of Mush Flip Flops are true to the Mush I sizing. If you don't have skinny, narrow feet, buy those instead.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›