5.0 out of 5 stars Case Logic Comes Through Again, March 10, 2012
This review is from: Case Logic UNZB-202 Compact Camera Case (Black) (Electronics)
I freely admit to being a Case Logic fanboy. It's hard not to be, when every time I have a carrying/storage need, there is always a perfect solution that that has a Case Logic label on it.

This item is no different. I have a Panasonic Lumix camera that resides in another Case Logic case with extra pockets, belt loop, etc. which fits my need for that camera perfectly. However, I wanted a smaller, quicker point and shoot, which I found in the Samsung EC-ST65 Digital Camera with 14 MP and 5x Optical Zoom (Indigo Blue)

This is one of the smallest cameras I've had my hands on as it uses a proprietary slimline rechargeable battery instead of AA or even AAA batteries. It also uses a microSD card instead of a regular SD card. So for my needs, All I wanted was a case that I could store the camera safely in. No need for spare battery or card storage and it's so tiny, you can just slip it in your pocket.

I didn't see where they indicate the material used, but it sure feels like the same neoprene used for my Kindle case. No guarantees there, though. You can check out the camera link, above, and compare the size compared to the case and get a better feel for it when I say the my Samsung just fits like the case was tailor make for it. If it weren't for the fact that the material stretches, it might not quire fit.

As for their claim that you can use it for a smart phone...? Um... yeah. I'd really like to see the smart phone that would actually fit.

Anyway, the construction of this case is solid. The stitching is very tight with no unsightly seams. There are twin "beads" of cushioning around the entire interior perimeter so that when the case is zipped up, it provides protection all the way around the edge of your device. The seams also seal together under the zipper so that if this is truly neoprene, gives a water resistant barrier.

One face of the case is about twice as thick as the other and is much stiffer, adding a nice touch of protection for the screen of your device. The zipper pull is rubber coated for ease of use and the wrist strap is about 9" long with a lobster claw clasp that clips onto the "D" ring on the bottom of the case.

For those of you who have experience with Case Logic products, it's worth emphasizing that this particular case is made from an entirely different material than what we're used to seeing from C.L. I admit I was a little put off by the difference, but I'm really glad I went ahead and got it. I couldn't be happier as, like I said, Case Logic comes through again!

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]