5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't be Happier!, December 2, 2011
This review is from: V-MODA Crossfade LP2 Limited Edition Over-Ear Noise-Isolating Metal Headphone (Matte Black) (OLD MODEL) (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Electronics)
I am not an audiophile by any means. This is my first pair of "decent" headphones, and I couldn't be happier. I did however compare theses to other top brands (Bose, Beats, AKG) and these were my favorite by far. I did a ton of research and you can't be the durability or the warranty on these. They sound great on my ipod and Iphone, and they isolate the surrounding noise pretty good too. They have super kevlar cords and storage case, and the headphones them self are made of high quality parts. They are also very comfortable and I can wear for hours without even noticing. I highly recommend them.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 10, 2011 9:21:20 PM PST
Pancake says:
Bose and Beats aren't top brands, they barely scratch the surface. ;)

Posted on Dec 15, 2011 8:55:49 PM PST
Rokushou says:
If you like the looks, durability, and comfort of this set, the V-MODA Crossfade M-80 is a very similar headphone by the same company with what I believe to be a better sound signature. Of course sound is subjective and people have different tastes but, you should check them out if you get the chance.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2011 9:06:27 PM PST
Rokushou says:
Bose and Beats are very well known brands with good advertising/publicity (Look at how many people know about those brands compared to ones like Sennheiser, Grado, Audio Technica, etc). They are also overpriced to give the illusion of being "high end". To the average non-audiophile consumer, they are very easily "top" brands.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2011 7:28:25 PM PST
V. Mooney says:
I'm looking into the m-80 and this crossfade LP2, I like the idea that the m-80 might be higher quality, but I really like the feel of over-ear headphones, rather than on-ear ones.

Posted on Dec 19, 2011 8:59:46 PM PST
M. Hammoud says:
How are the bass on these

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2011 11:42:01 AM PST
Rokushou says:
I'm an audiophile and sound quality is my top priority. The M80 is more balanced while the LP is very bass heavy, and I like the M80's sound signature a lot more. As for on-ear (supra-aural) vs over-ear (circumaural) that's all up to personal preference.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2011 11:56:01 AM PST
Rokushou says:
These are very bass heavy cans and to me the bass is a bit strained and muddy (bleeds into the mids). Don't get me wrong, its still good bass, but at this price I expect a lot more out of headphones.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2011 12:46:03 PM PST
I'm not an audiophile, as I'm not sure what qualifications are required to deem oneself that. However, sound quality is also my top priority when considering audio equipment. When someone says they are "an audiophile", sometimes it seems like an appeal to authority that really hasn't been established. What is important is that any given user compares the products available to them at their affordable price level and find the ones that sound "best" to them. Granted, this can be hard to do when shopping online, but likewise, taking someone else's word for it is risky as well.

I'm not saying you are not an audiophile, I'm just suggesting whether you are or not may well be dubious in terms establishing which headphones are "the best" for any other given user.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2011 12:52:33 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 21, 2011 12:53:10 PM PST
Robespierre says:
Someone needs to do a comparison between these and the original Crossfade LPs, which I've tried and dislike despite their excellent look, feel and extras. I don't mind headphones that are designed to notch the bass, but the LPs sound muddy and cavernous. They're made for live DJing in rooms where you have to focus on a cue mix with other music booming all around you. For pure listening, especially in quiet environments, I find them sorely lacking.

I just want to know whether the LP2s sound significantly better than the original LPs.

Those who like the M-80s but want over-the-ears should wait a bit longer for the V-Moda M-100s, due some time in 2012. V-Moda was slow to get it right at first, but the M-80s are their latest and best work. I've got high hopes for the M-100s.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2011 8:11:06 PM PST
V. Mooney says:
Thanks for letting me know about the m-100's. If they sound as good as the m-80's(which Rokushou said sound better than the LP2) and are over the ear like the LP2 and keep the same rugged miliary contruction i'll be first in line to pick them up. I like the m-80's sound quality, but i like the LP2's over the ear style.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›