5.0 out of 5 stars Even Better than the First!, August 16, 2009
This review is from: Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian (Single-Disc Edition) (DVD)
My wife and I enjoyed the original "Night at the Museum" we expected to the sequel to be typical of seconds... not quite as good. However, "Battle of the Smithsonian" bucks this trend - and in our opinion it is significantly better than the original. The plot is a bit silly - our favorite night-watchman had made it big as inventor of useless products. His new position as CEO means that he is no longer working at the museum. The museum has also undergone a few changes - namely most of the exhibits are being shipped into storage. The storage is below the Smithsonian... and that is where the action begins!

"Battle of the Museum" blends, action, humor and a numerous celebrity cameos into a fun-filled flick. The story introduces us to some Egyptian pharaoh (can't remember which one), Ivan the Terrible, Napoleon, Amelia Earhart , Abe Licoln, and miniature Einstein bobbleheads! The star of the story is the incredibly imaginative action sequences... the jumping in-and-out pictures, the banter of Abe Lincoln.... all of it light-hearted and very entertaining.

As far as the acting - Ben Stiller was .... Ben Stiller - you either love him or you hate him. We really did enjoy Amy Adams as Amelia Earhart - she seems to have nailed the accent, look and walk - plus she was very funny!

Final Verdict - Recommended for everyone (This is a very kid friendly movie) but it highly recommended for everyone who enjoyed the original.

5 Stars

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 22, 2009 4:59:56 PM PST
Jason L. says:
What surprised me the most is that I could stomach Ben Stiller in the first place. But when he's not intentionally being obnoxious, he can be a good actor. I liked this movie and the original a lot. Amy Adams was absolutely wonderful and genuinely seemed to embody Amelia Earhart. I have seen her in a few other things and she has never failed to please. She was a perfect foil to Ben Stiller who can be unpredictable (both for the better and usually the worse) and I enjoyed his performance more because of her acting.

I really got a kick out of the older Egyptian Pharoah brother with the speech impediment! LOL. He was hilarious. I really wish Robin Williams had had a larger part in the movie but it was a pleasure to see him show up unexpectedly at the Smithsonian "without arms." ROFL.

I agree: Five Stars all the way. Was it perfect? No. But my family and I loved it all the same. And regardless of what critics or others may say, we loved it so why should we not give it five stars?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 19, 2012 2:29:22 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 19, 2012 2:31:17 PM PDT
I always get a kick out of H. Azaria, the guy's supremely talented and doesn't fail here. As long as you liked it critics should be summarily dismissed!!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

Reviewer

CKE
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Location: USA